satworld98

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receiver:Mvision & Openbox.
Dish: Gibertini 85CM
Satellites:28E, 19E, and 13E. Motorised Gibertini 1M
My Location
Luton
Hi all. I am buying a new gibertini dish and multi LNB holder for the above satellite positions. My dilemma is that I need to put all the LNBs on one dish (1M Gibbi). I know that the Alps LNB will work well on this satellites position what I don't know is whether I can get the Inverto Silver Tech to work together in one LNB holder i.e. is the Inverto small enough to stay on the same holder for 19 + 16 + 13 or do I definitely have to get the Alps?

Alternatively, I am also getting 1.2M Gibbi for 26E and I can use the 16E as an offset on the 1.2M Gibbi. The problem with this is that I believe I will loose quite a bit of the signal strength if the 16E in not the primary focus satellite (now we don't want that to happen since the prem is only realistically on 16E next season) and I already struggle with 16E been the only satellite on a 85CM Gibbi (though I think the installer did a shoddy job)

Please advice.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I had difficulty even when using the Alps bullet LNBs with 13/16/19, so unless the other LNB is equally small, I don't think you will do it.

You may get away with a 10 degree offset on the 1.2m dish, certainly worth a try.

DVB-slut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Dynamic Decoder
90cm Dish
USALS Motor
SkyStar2 PCI
PROG DVB
DVB VIEWER
My Location
California
Unless you are setting a RF head end system or something similar with multiple decoders you will save money and have much better luck seeing all of the above satellites and more with a motorized dish. I use the USALS system it works great and I get all those birds and more.

Good luck

satworld98

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receiver:Mvision & Openbox.
Dish: Gibertini 85CM
Satellites:28E, 19E, and 13E. Motorised Gibertini 1M
My Location
Luton
Thanks for the reply. I have always considered USAL as well, the only problem is that I don't like to wait for the motor to move. It is always better when you can switch through channels quickly by using diseqc switch