LNB IF loopthru

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
I connected a Force 1122S to the LNB IF output socket on the back of DB7kS and as soon as this cable was connected to I/P of Force, the DB SNR on a good channel (e.g. SlyItalieSport) dropped from 82% to 55% and that was the end of that. Clearly ther Force is not acting as slave and is maybe even sending muck back up the line to get into DB tuner.
Anyone else noticed this?
This effectively wipes out the benefit of the loop through.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
presume u have second receiver in powerdown? i tried to connect my digibox to the DM7000 loop through , but even though the sky box was in powerdown, it still must have been influencing the DB as my DB no longer worked....with another FTA receiver used in place of DB there is no such problem.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
wallycharlo said:
presume u have second receiver in powerdown? i tried to connect my digibox to the DM7000 loop through , but even though the sky box was in powerdown, it still must have been influencing the DB as my DB no longer worked....with another FTA receiver used in place of DB there is no such problem.
wallycharlo
Yes, I had the Force in 'standby'.
Of course, this usually means that the damn thing is doing everything you dont want it to, like sending volts and bursts.
Its hard to complain when the DB itself in 'standby' will respond to a web call, switch channels, ship screenshots and stream video to LAN, all when its supposed to do is be in standby. Standby seems to mean just switch off RGB/CVBS feed to scart.
I recall you posting your experience with Skybox fed by DB but you were the first to find this funny.
It looks like a receiver, fed by DB loop thru, which stays active in standby, f**ks up the DB.

chuckles

Reaction score
I've had a similar experience, when I use my old E'star to drive my dish. Its on a loop through from th DB. It always drains the signal temporarily from the DB when I switch it on, and remains that way if on a different t'sponder.DB eems to work in the reverse from other receivers as I've looped the E'star for years with other receivers and no problem.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
yeah, this seems to be DB specific. Mayeb worth getting comment from Dream on ...

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
wallycharlo said:
yeah, this seems to be DB specific. Mayeb worth getting comment from Dream on ...
I'll send a query in my best German and see what they have to say.
It will probably be poor filtering on that IF loop.