lnb intermediate frequency

ingles35

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish analogue LNB Sky receiver pointed at Hot Bird
My Location
UK - Winchester
I have an old analogue lnb connected to a digital (Sky) receiver pointed at HotBird. now, when I try to tune into channels according to the LyngSat list I have noticed that the frequencies I have to type into the receiver's menu do not correspond to those published in the list. I am assuming that this is because the analogue lnb's intermediate freqeuncy is different from that which the digital receiver is expecting. The result is that it is just trial and error when I try to tune in specific stations. Is there a precise way of calculating what frequencies I have to type in?
I'd appreciate any help you can give me.
Mike Edginton - UK

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The easy solution would be to change the LNB for a universal, around £10, but your channels will still be limited due to the Sky digibox limitations.

Depending on the type of LNB, the Local Oscillator could be that for an enhanced LNB 9,750Mhz (unlikely, as it would work, but without high band), 10,000Mhz the old standard, or if it is a C120 type LNB with a bolt on feedhorn, then it could likely be 11,000Mhz.

There other types, but these are the most likely, if in doubt, post a picture.

To change the local oscillator frequency of the LNB in the Digibox, go into Services/System Setup/0,1,Select/LNB Settings. Be aware though that if you are still using the digibox on another dish for Sky as well, you will need to change the settings back.

To change the frequencies you type in if it is a 10,000Mhz LNB, simply subtract 250Mhz.

ingles35

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish analogue LNB Sky receiver pointed at Hot Bird
My Location
UK - Winchester
Thank you very much, Rolf. It looks like my lnb was a 10,000 one. I'm very much olbiged for you pointing out how to get into the installer menu on the Sky Digibox. That has been invaluable.
Good luck with your team - as an incredible coincidence, I was in Reading, myself, last Saturday at around the same time the soccer game was on. I have never seen so many apprehensive police!
Many thanks once again,
Mike