UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
iceman said:
I was sent a couple of these LNBs by their importer in my country to test but found them totally useless on 2D reception...their twin version performed better but still no where near Invacoms..

Could not agree more,I tried one,absolutly useless for Astra 2D,the Invacom is by far the best.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Depends on what dish you have it seems, for me and another guy with a Gibertini OP150 the Inverto is clearly the winner.

Invacom on my dish was useless, difference was a signal on Nilesat or no signal, MTI AP8-TW was second best of the C120 LNBs.

But you are talking about a LNBF, i don't have any experience with those, only C120.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
Likvid said:
Depends on what dish you have it seems, for me and another guy with a Gibertini OP150 the Inverto is clearly the winner.

Invacom on my dish was useless, difference was a signal on Nilesat or no signal, MTI AP8-TW was second best of the C120 LNBs.

But you are talking about a LNBF, i don't have any experience with those, only C120.

Yes the model i tested on an offset dish was Inverto Pro Single LNB IDL-40 US which is an LNBF...
Last week i received C120 type Inverto IDLP-SFLANGE 0.4dB LNB which i will be testing on a 4.2m prime focus dish with few different feedhorns...will compare the results with Invacom..

@Likvid
A quick search on google gave me limited feedback on this model but i belive your setup was one of the few results on this C120 Inverto..
http://www.inverto.tv website lists this model as 0.4dB but when i downloaded products catalogue to check the specifications it was listed as 0.3dB....which one do you use?

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
iceman said:
@Likvid
A quick search on google gave me limited feedback on this model but i belive your setup was one of the few results on this C120 Inverto..
http://www.inverto.tv website lists this model as 0.4dB but when i downloaded products catalogue to check the specifications it was listed as 0.3dB....which one do you use?

Imverto is a bit unreliable on this and i think it's a marketing trick, they are all 0.4dB LNBs, and lately they have started to specify them as 0.3dB to compete with Invacom as people think 0.1dB makes a huge difference :D

They are all 0.4dB or what you like them to be ;)

I think there is something with the waveguide also in the Inverto that makes it phase better with my Gregorian dish, i can't really say what but the result is very dramatic to be honest when i compared with all the rest i had.

I think JohnsatUK bought a Inverto from me, never heard the results from him as he uses a Fibo dish also.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
Likvid said:
Imverto is a bit unreliable on this and i think it's a marketing trick, they are all 0.4dB LNBs, and lately they have started to specify them as 0.3dB to compete with Invacom as people think 0.1dB makes a huge difference :D

They are all 0.4dB or what you like them to be ;)

Well i agree with you about the "marketing trick" but its not only Inverto doing this "trick"....I have been using Sharp 0.4dB (white-case) single output universal 40mm clamp LNBF on my installations for some time now...This LNBF is definately better than 0.3dB Invacoms on my 1.5m offset dishes (and other offset setups i tried) lately my supplier has imported a new batch but the same LNBF is rebadged as 0.3dB...I have not found any performance improvement over 0.4dB on the 15-20 units i tested on same dish....My belief is that when Sharp realised this model was a winner they simply re badged it as 0.3dB to charge a few more bucks for it...:D