LNB & Motor advice needed.

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
Hello All...

Just putting together final list of what I am I going to order for my system... no time to put it up till after xmas so no real rush. Decided on Dream DM500, probably get a 80cm Triax dish or similair.

LNB - I will only have one reciever to start with, but temptation to add one to PC will be strong... should I get twin output LNB? Is there any disadvantage to this over single output e.g. signal loss?

Motor - Seem the Motec 2100 and Stab HH1xx range are the best Diseqc choices, the motec is around £40 but the Stab £75... is this a reflection on their performance or reliability? Also there is a GBSAT version of the STAB floating around that seems to be only £55, is this just built under license from STAB (which I think technomate also re-brand?)

Plenty of people on here seem to be happy with the Moteck but the price makes me slightly nervous - might be sticking it a long way up a wall and positioning will be scary enough, don't want to have to go up to adjust it on a regular basis!

Any all opinion welcome :-):-thumbup

Paul.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
OldBen said:
Hello All...

Just putting together final list of what I am I going to order for my system... no time to put it up till after xmas so no real rush. Decided on Dream DM500, probably get a 80cm Triax dish or similair.

LNB - I will only have one reciever to start with, but temptation to add one to PC will be strong... should I get twin output LNB? Is there any disadvantage to this over single output e.g. signal loss?

Motor - Seem the Motec 2100 and Stab HH1xx range are the best Diseqc choices, the motec is around £40 but the Stab £75... is this a reflection on their performance or reliability? Also there is a GBSAT version of the STAB floating around that seems to be only £55, is this just built under license from STAB (which I think technomate also re-brand?)

Plenty of people on here seem to be happy with the Moteck but the price makes me slightly nervous - might be sticking it a long way up a wall and positioning will be scary enough, don't want to have to go up to adjust it on a regular basis!

Any all opinion welcome :-):-thumbup

Paul.
Hi Paul
If you are going to use it for your pc then go for the twin, there should be no power loss. Remember that you will only be able to drive the motor with the dreambox or the Computer not both. As for the Motec seems to be some problems with them with the dreambox, a lot of threads on this matter posted here, so have a look. I use the Manhattan HH120 and never have any problems with it. So you decide which you want to go with.

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
john_graydon said:
Hi Paul
If you are going to use it for your pc then go for the twin, there should be no power loss. Remember that you will only be able to drive the motor with the dreambox or the Computer not both. As for the Motec seems to be some problems with them with the dreambox, a lot of threads on this matter posted here, so have a look. I use the Manhattan HH120 and never have any problems with it. So you decide which you want to go with.

Thanks John, I did read some horror stories with DM500 and the Moteck but others seem to be ok? The web reviews seem to indicate the moteck is quieter and moves faster than the STAB and its OEM's. Hmm will have to have another think on this. Been going round in circles with what to get, happy at this stage to stick a stake in the ground and see what works for me...

If there is no loss with the twin LNB then I might as well go for that, I realise only one can drive the motor, but as I understand it dream has web interface so if I am watching at the PC and want another satellite no issues just tell the dream where to go via web interface?

After all, thats why Linux based recivers rule :D

tonguedv

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Triax 88 Dish, DP6600 VBox, Dreambox 7020S with 200gb hd, Linksys Router WRT54GS & Linksys Bridge WET54G. ADSL Internet.
My Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
just a quick hi to say I'm in a very similar position and also nervous about diseqc motors. I like the D500 aswell, I posted a thread today with my wishlist. Pretty similar. I'll be watching your thread aswell for any info :)

Dave

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
If your dish is going to be high you will not hear the buzzing out of the motor. As I said my one must be nearly 30 mts old now and still going strong. Have installed 4 of these for mates and going to put up another one in feb. I never use the usals function I always find and store. And all of these were installed with dreamboxes. By the way I am not trying to push the Manhattan motor, It just works well with the dreamboxes for me. If they sold a cheaper motor over here I would try it out.