LNB position?

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi there,

I have being trying over the past weeks to improve my rec eption of astra 19,2 but to no avail, anyway i was wondering if my lnb may be in the wrong position. My dish is aligned at astra 28,2 but what i was wondering when i stand behind the dish should my lnb for astra 19,2 be to the left or right of my main focus lnb? mine is to the left at the moment but when i check the alignment of my neighbours dish it seems to be pointing more to the right than my dish (his dish is aimed at astra 19,2) which got me thinking about the position fo my lnb. My location is nuernberg,germany.

tia Nick

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes Nick, Your LNB is on the right side, if it wasn't, you wouldn't receive it at all, but from memory you are using a 6 degree bracket, so you will only be using a percentage of the dish when looking at a 9 degree offset satellite..

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Rolf, i have actually bought another bracket which is curved so that the offset lnb is always looking at the centre of the dish, which i belive is how it should be? and i guess it should be good enough for the 9 deg offset as it is about 15cm cm long now i guess i just need to do some fine tuning to improve my reception. One more thing, will one of these low noise lnb's improve the reception situation?

Thanks Nick

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The low noise LNb is always going to help over a lesser quality LNB, but the fine tuning of the secondary LNb on the bracket will produce better results. You may find also that you need to bend the bracket slightly downwards, as the elevation of Astra 19.2 is higher, this could make a big difference. :)