LNB purchased for Italian dish

tipa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hopeful Italian satellite equipment
My Location
Umbria, Italy
Dear All,

I got my system to work! The Ashes, perfect (on C4 via the 28.2E Astra beam), with just an 80cm dish and the LNB as I detailed before. I am in Umbria, Lake Trasimeno, and have a perfect picture. No BBCTV, of course, but i DO get Radio 4 FM, amazing.

Thanks for everyone who helped me out with advice before I came.

Regards
Tim

michael12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skt Digital
My Location
Spain
Hi Tim, I am moving there soon and do require BBC/ITV are you receiving these ? What dish would I require for these programmes ? Thanks for the help.

tipa said:
Dear All,

I got my system to work! The Ashes, perfect (on C4 via the 28.2E Astra beam), with just an 80cm dish and the LNB as I detailed before. I am in Umbria, Lake Trasimeno, and have a perfect picture. No BBCTV, of course, but i DO get Radio 4 FM, amazing.

Thanks for everyone who helped me out with advice before I came.

Regards
Tim

geoffrey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4M ChannelMaster Offset with Smart Titanium TQS LNB. LG SMART TV with SuperTrack V-Box 2 on ChannelMaster 1.2M Offset. TBS5925 tuner with EBSPro on Windows 10 laptop. Satlook Digital NIT.
My Location
Israel
Likvid

I was looking for a C120 mount version of the Smart Titanium when I found your post regarding conversion. I have tried (unsucessfully) to understand your German post. Can you please elaborate in English.
Many thanks

tipa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hopeful Italian satellite equipment
My Location
Umbria, Italy
Dear Michael,

Sorry not to have written sooner. I bought a Sky receiver in the UK on Ebay, and phoned Sky to get a freesat card in order to see Ch4. Sky need to have a UK address registered to which they send the card. I connected that Sky box to my existing dish here and then got them to activate the card (but I didn't check it - which caused me a headache in Italy).

I ordered a Titanium LNB via Ebay Germany, and got it delivered to a German friend. I bought an 80cm dish on Italy Ebay and got it delivered to my house in Italy. Then I got a friend to install the dish in Italy and before he ran the wire into the house he checked that Ch4 was receivable on the frequency; it was. Then it was just a matter of running the cable in and turning on the box - and then recalling Sky via my UK mobile to ask them to reactivate my card, which they did 35 minutes before the First Test began. Immense.

I don't think you can receive BBC TV because they broadcast via a very tight satellite beam, aimed just at the UK. Somehow I receive BBC Radio 4 but not any BBC TV nor do I receive other BBC radio programmes. Also, it depends how far south you go in Italy; I was told by a techno bod (before I was given hope by this brilliant satellites forum) that I could forget it as I was too far south and was buying too small a dish. Where are you in Italy?

Good luck with it!

Tim

michael12 said:
Hi Tim, I am moving there soon and do require BBC/ITV are you receiving these ? What dish would I require for these programmes ? Thanks for the help.

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
Channel4/5 are ok on an 80cm Dish in Umbria,as they are on Astra 2A,with BBC radio,s 4 and 2.
Should you want BBC 1/2 ect you are looking at a 2.5/3m dish for some reception,if any.
As the BBC have recently booked some more transponders on 2A,the present
set up might change,but doubt it very much.