LNB Short, how do i fix error ?

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
Disconnected the LNB cable into my echolink box last night to reconnect up another box to my dish, then i forgot to turn off the box before i reconnected it back up again, Im now getting the "LNB SHORT" message on the screen which i have never come across before.

Whats the solution to fixing this, where do i start ie Receiver, Cable, LNB ?

Just to add mysetup is a monblock LNB astra/hotbird

thanks in advance.

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
cdtronix said:
Disconnected the LNB cable into my echolink box last night to reconnect up another box to my dish, then i forgot to turn off the box before i reconnected it back up again, Im now getting the "LNB SHORT" message on the screen which i have never come across before.

Whats the solution to fixing this, where do i start ie Receiver, Cable, LNB ?

Just to add mysetup is a monblock LNB astra/hotbird

thanks in advance.

i once had a similar problem it might not be the case but i ended up having to get a new power supply put in, mind you can always try putting another lnb on the end

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Check the connectors, particularly at the receiver end, that is probably the source of the short.

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
I'll get my meter out later and test the LNB and see if its that, i did read elsewhere that the box may need a factory reset, didnt want to do that yet cause i'll loose all my channels that ive spent hrs setting up the way i like.

I'll start with the LNB and go from there.....:cool:

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
rolfw said:
Check the connectors, particularly at the receiver end, that is probably the source of the short.

Cheers will also check them as well.

What is an LNB short ? whats happening ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Most times a power off at the mains will reset the short protection in a receiver. Always check the parts you have changed first, the connector at the receiver end is the prime suspect. :)

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
It turned out to be one of my connecters was the problem. I used my sat meter and was able to locate which connecter it was within a few minutes and fix it.
Nice little exercise for me to do, im sure that will come in useful in the future ;-)
Thanks all.

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
cdtronix said:
It turned out to be one of my connecters was the problem. I used my sat meter and was able to locate which connecter it was within a few minutes and fix it.
Nice little exercise for me to do, im sure that will come in useful in the future ;-)
Thanks all.

what exactly was wrong with your connector m8

deep joy

dave

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
4dbennett said:
what exactly was wrong with your connector m8

deep joy

dave

when i took it off, it looked like the outer (earth) thin wires were touching the main centre wire.

I cut it back and re done it and all was working fine.

saemoenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Rovigo, Italy
Hi Cdtronix,
I had that similar problem affecting my two clarke tech receivers....Please do help me and explain the way to handle the problem.
I will be glad to see that work for me.
Thanks in advance..or you can still reach me with my email address below...removed admin