Reaction score
Website
www.delamare.gg
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-1500CI+ and
Technisat SkyStar 2 USB HD and
Humax Foxsat-HD and
Humax Foxsat-HDR
TriAx 80cm Dish driven by a Darksat Motor.
Inverto 0.2db Silver Tech lnb.
My Location
Guernsey
I am able to receive most channels with my motorised 80cm dish on the satellites i would expect to be able to receive.

However there are some channels that i can see exist on Lyngsat but i can't receive them even though i can receive other channels on the same satellite.

For example on Telecom 2D 8 W i can receive 11483 H (Alegria) but i CAN'T receive 11486 H (TV Mont Blanc)!

11486 is programmed into my Technomate 1500CI and when scanning this transponder just gets skipped quickly.

If i adjust the skew i seem to be able to resolve this but then that knocks out other channels on other satellites. From what i have been able to find if you have a motorised system the skew should be set to 0. Is this correct ?

I can receive satellites from 53 East to 58 West.

I know TV Mont Blanc is also on other satellites. It's not a case of wanting to watch TV Mont Blanc on Telecom 2D it's a case of wanting my dish to be set up 100% properly.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
May be more to do with the low symbol rates, some receivers do not like them. They are both on the same beam.

Terrydlm

Learning Fast !
Reaction score
Website
www.delamare.gg
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat-HD and
Humax Foxsat-HDR
My Location
Guernsey
rolfw said:
May be more to do with the low symbol rates, some receivers do not like them. They are both on the same beam.

Hi Rolf,

How can i tell ?

By adjusting the skew this fixes the problem so surely it can't be a sybol rate issue can it ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can be, if they are both on the same beam, then they are both on horizontal, then one will be more critical than the other, have you checked that you have the correct symbol rates?

Terrydlm

Learning Fast !
Reaction score
Website
www.delamare.gg
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat-HD and
Humax Foxsat-HDR
My Location
Guernsey
rolfw said:
Can be, if they are both on the same beam, then they are both on horizontal, then one will be more critical than the other, have you checked that you have the correct symbol rates?

yes, the symbol rates are correct.

Am i right in thinking that i do not need any lnb skew with a morotirised system Rolf ?

RedAltoGL

Now leaving, thanks all.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LNB, Dish, Motor, Cable, Receivers all taken down and donated to a newbie.
My Location
London
Quote:Am i right in thinking that i do not need any lnb skew with a morotirised system Rolf ?

You should not need to alter the skew on a motorised system, set the LNB upright for your southern satellite and bob's your uncle for the rest..
Redmund.

Terrydlm

Learning Fast !
Reaction score
Website
www.delamare.gg
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat-HD and
Humax Foxsat-HDR
My Location
Guernsey
RedAltoGL said:
Quote:Am i right in thinking that i do not need any lnb skew with a morotirised system Rolf ?

You should not need to alter the skew on a motorised system, set the LNB upright for your southern satellite and bob's your uncle for the rest..
Redmund.

OK Redmund i will give it another go.

Thanks

RedAltoGL

Now leaving, thanks all.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LNB, Dish, Motor, Cable, Receivers all taken down and donated to a newbie.
My Location
London
@ Terrydlm

I've just ran up my system on those transponders, not a dickybird until I nudged the dish a fraction. Very blocky picture on both, receiver showing 70% strength and 20% quality. Might be the low sybol rate and horizontal beam as rolfw stated, whereas SRG SF2 on the same satellite (Telecom2D) on a vertical beam and higher symbol rate comes in at 70% strength and 50% quality.
Looking at the Syria channel on Atlantic Bird 2, same location, 12747H, 2849 I get a 70% signal strength and 100% quality.
Perhaps the transponders on Telecom 2D are running underpowered or are on a very tight beam, who knows!
Redmund

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Just pulled them both in, about equal in power, the TV8 comes up as something else though 11486h sid 0xbc2

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Can anyone in UK at present get any signal from 30w 11535V 24500-5/6 (multicanal - sol esp) ? Mine disappeared some days ago although the other hispasat signals are strong. Regards, pcd.

Terrydlm

Learning Fast !
Reaction score
Website
www.delamare.gg
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat-HD and
Humax Foxsat-HDR
My Location
Guernsey
RedAltoGL said:
@ Terrydlm

I've just ran up my system on those transponders, not a dickybird until I nudged the dish a fraction. Very blocky picture on both, receiver showing 70% strength and 20% quality. Might be the low sybol rate and horizontal beam as rolfw stated, whereas SRG SF2 on the same satellite (Telecom2D) on a vertical beam and higher symbol rate comes in at 70% strength and 50% quality.
Looking at the Syria channel on Atlantic Bird 2, same location, 12747H, 2849 I get a 70% signal strength and 100% quality.
Perhaps the transponders on Telecom 2D are running underpowered or are on a very tight beam, who knows!
Redmund

Hi Redmund,

Thanks for your trouble. I am glad its not just me having problems with these transponders.

Maybe i won't worry too much about them.