Load Gemimi 4.0 to dm500s via LAN cable

C

Corsetlady

Member
Messages
4
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan 1034 pci card
2.66 intel dual core
p5p motherboard asus
1 Gb ram
2* dvd9 optical burners.
My Location
Thailand
#1
Hi All
Just joined.
Am trying to load Gemimi 4.0 to dm500s via LAN cable.
I am connected to the net.
Using Windows Vista, it sees my dm500 as a media centre and I am unable to view it as a computer?
Unable to upload image.
Please - anyone help a newbie?
 
rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Messages
37,726
Likes
1,291
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
#2
Are you connected via a router, or direct to the PC with a crossover cable?

What software are you using to try and load the image?

Have you tried it with a null modem cable as well?
 
C

Corsetlady

Member
Messages
4
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan 1034 pci card
2.66 intel dual core
p5p motherboard asus
1 Gb ram
2* dvd9 optical burners.
My Location
Thailand
#3
Have both a LAN and Null (COM1) connected.
Using dreamup.
I managed to find the correct Gemini 4 file type (Img) and loaded last night.
Now I only have sat's for Europe and have lost Asian sat's!!!
Now what?
The two main sat's are Agila Ku and Thaicom 2-5 Ku
Have been on a Aussie site and found I must load an XML sat file but am not able to see the root on the DM500s to place it in the TMP folder?
The questions will reduce as I climb the learning curve - I hope!!
Any comments will be helpfull
 
H

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Messages
3,764
Likes
1
My Location
Middle East - Israel
#4
Corsetlady said:
Have both a LAN and Null (COM1) connected.
Using dreamup.
I managed to find the correct Gemini 4 file type (Img) and loaded last night.
Now I only have sat's for Europe and have lost Asian sat's!!!
Now what?
The two main sat's are Agila Ku and Thaicom 2-5 Ku
Have been on a Aussie site and found I must load an XML sat file but am not able to see the root on the DM500s to place it in the TMP folder?
The questions will reduce as I climb the learning curve - I hope!!
Any comments will be helpfull
Flash the image with a Null Modem Cable only using DreamUp utility.
It takes only 9 minutes instead of wasting hours trying to figure out how to flash using the LAN cable.
When you say "loaded last night", does this mean you managed to flash it with Gemini 4.0 or not yet ?

Please give us more details about your setup. Preferably by updating your profile to include the 500:

Dish size
Fixed or motorized
Pointng to which satellite/s
DISEQ, if used

When you scan, you need to select the satellite that you are interested in, instead of the default Astra 19.2 ?
 
mhku

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
4,712
Likes
20
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
#5
How are you trying to "see" the root folder?

I use old fashioned FTP but some people like DCC. Get a copy of Filezilla (it's free) setup a connection to your Dreambox (this assumes you have a PC and the Dreambox on the same network) and then FTP the files from your PC to the Dreambox.

I'm sure there's an FTP how-to in The Guide.
 
T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,651
Likes
215
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#6
:)
mhku said:
How are you trying to "see" the root folder?

I use old fashioned FTP but some people like DCC. Get a copy of Filezilla (it's free) setup a connection to your Dreambox (this assumes you have a PC and the Dreambox on the same network) and then FTP the files from your PC to the Dreambox.

I'm sure there's an FTP how-to in The Guide.
Yep there is! :)
 
C

Corsetlady

Member
Messages
4
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan 1034 pci card
2.66 intel dual core
p5p motherboard asus
1 Gb ram
2* dvd9 optical burners.
My Location
Thailand
#8
Dear all
Many thanks for your help so far.
Dish is move 7.5 Feet with Uni LNB
I am trying to find Dream tv on Agila Ku at 146'' E
Had expert help with Thaicom 78.5 E on Sat last, they then setup for CS - all new to me.
Think if able to load Agila and Thaicom then I will be happy.
Can I add Agila and if so does anyone know the LNB settings?
 
S

Sharkadder

Regular Member
Messages
440
Likes
1
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
#9
I know it says you are from thaiiland but this is a UK based forum, that sat is out of reach in the uK i think, so daubt many will be able to help you dude.

did you try lyngsat? i think thats just frequencies though
 
H

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Messages
3,764
Likes
1
My Location
Middle East - Israel
#10
Sharkadder said:
I know it says you are from thaiiland but this is a UK based forum, that sat is out of reach in the uK i think, so daubt many will be able to help you dude.

did you try lyngsat? i think thats just frequencies though
Few members have already tried to help.
There are also International language forums in this website.
Perhaps the thread should have been connected in the first place to one of the Indian and Region options and if this doesn't include Thailand then perhaps a new country specific option can be added.

 
C

Corsetlady

Member
Messages
4
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan 1034 pci card
2.66 intel dual core
p5p motherboard asus
1 Gb ram
2* dvd9 optical burners.
My Location
Thailand
#11
Once again, thanks to all for your help.
Reason I came here for help, is I am an ex-pat.
Numerous others living in Thailand and all hungry for Sat tv.
Any help will be posted on Thai Visa (Ex-pat site in Thailand).
As ex-pats we are mostly geriatric and so really need your help.
Thanx once again
 
Top