loadepg 0.51 help!

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
marcaaron20 said:
I've tried that, doesn't work, the file is missing or something cos the box just crashes and then restarts , like with the SKY-UK so my mate sent me a file called channels.uk so I added that via ftp to the correct folder on the dreambox 8000 and the epg updated straight away after that

i need to do the same for Sky-ita now, there should be a file named similar, eg. channels.ita

also my mate also said to not use the satmate ones cos it sometimes misses letters out of the programme names or something which is annoying at times

any help tomthebomb1968??

thought you were top guys when it came to the Dreambox, I'm just a learner so far
Thanks,

I'll need to sort it by the weekend cos I plan to install Window 7 tomorrow night so I will imagine my computer being out of use for a couple hours whilst I save me files, install Windows 7 and get my software/hardware installed back on then to get back online

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
marcaaron20 said:
I've tried that, doesn't work, the file is missing or something cos the box just crashes and then restarts , like with the SKY-UK so my mate sent me a file called channels.uk so I added that via ftp to the correct folder on the dreambox 8000 and the epg updated straight away after that

i need to do the same for Sky-ita now, there should be a file named similar, eg. channels.ita

also my mate also said to not use the satmate ones cos it sometimes misses letters out of the programme names or something which is annoying at times

any help tomthebomb1968??

thought you were top guys when it came to the Dreambox, I'm just a learner so far
Thanks,

I'll need to sort it by the weekend cos I plan to install Window 7 tomorrow night so I will imagine my computer being out of use for a couple hours whilst I save me files, install Windows 7 and get my software/hardware installed back on then to get back online

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
The files you are talking about are for the opentv epg grabber that grabs the epg from the satellite. I switched my opentv epg off and use the Satmate ones to grab it via the internet as this gives far better results for me. If your having problems downloading it direct to the box use your web browser to download it and then ftp it to the box.

_http://hqsatellite.com/satmate/skyit_epg.dat.gz

Attachments

• skyIT EPG.jpg
    skyIT EPG.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 28

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
The files you are talking about are for the opentv epg grabber that grabs the epg from the satellite. I switched my opentv epg off and use the Satmate ones to grab it via the internet as this gives far better results for me. If your having problems downloading it direct to the box use your web browser to download it and then ftp it to the box.

_http://hqsatellite.com/satmate/skyit_epg.dat.gz

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
so would I be able to manually download and install to an e1 box? ie my dm500

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
so would I be able to manually download and install to an e1 box? ie my dm500

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
shumifan50 said:
The EPG on Nabilo is great with some caveats: I have now had many crashes and looking at the crashlogs it is always somewhere in the EPG code, when it is manipulating the EPG data files. The plugin to save the EPG across boots does not seem to work. I have downloaded and installed it and still lose the EPG across boots.
At least the e2_loadepg software retains the EPG across boots and does not cause crashes anywhere near as much as NB12 EPG does.
So it is swing and roundabouts. You makes your pick and .....

I actually came across a similar issue this morning, but I realised instantly what I'd done wrong. After setting up a DM800 from scratch with BH0.12 I downloaded the satmate sly UK EPG. After about 2 minutes the box crashed.

I soon realised the save path was wrong. I had left it at default which is to save to HDD and this box doesn't have one installed, hence the crash.
I changed the EPG save location to the shared drive in my 8000 and it worked just fine. I thought this might be something you could look at if you're having similar issues.

Attachments

• EPG Save Location.jpg
    EPG Save Location.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 26

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
shumifan50 said:
The EPG on Nabilo is great with some caveats: I have now had many crashes and looking at the crashlogs it is always somewhere in the EPG code, when it is manipulating the EPG data files. The plugin to save the EPG across boots does not seem to work. I have downloaded and installed it and still lose the EPG across boots.
At least the e2_loadepg software retains the EPG across boots and does not cause crashes anywhere near as much as NB12 EPG does.
So it is swing and roundabouts. You makes your pick and .....

I actually came across a similar issue this morning, but I realised instantly what I'd done wrong. After setting up a DM800 from scratch with BH0.12 I downloaded the satmate sly UK EPG. After about 2 minutes the box crashed.

I soon realised the save path was wrong. I had left it at default which is to save to HDD and this box doesn't have one installed, hence the crash.
I changed the EPG save location to the shared drive in my 8000 and it worked just fine. I thought this might be something you could look at if you're having similar issues.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe

I have tried saving to hard disk and USB and both caused crashes.
Sometimes, when downloading from sat_mate, the download hangs and requires a reboot, which sometimes end up in multiple reboots, before it works again. I now download Rytec in preference as it always seems to work.

Occasionally it crashes while I am just watch a show, not navigating channels at all and the crashlog still shows it manipulating EPG files and this is on a channel that does NOR carry EPG data, e.g. BBC News.

In my case all, except a very few, crashes on the Dm800, using Gemini or Nabilo, has been in EPG file manipulation. As it is on both images, it seems like it must be a problem in the base cvs.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe

I have tried saving to hard disk and USB and both caused crashes.
Sometimes, when downloading from sat_mate, the download hangs and requires a reboot, which sometimes end up in multiple reboots, before it works again. I now download Rytec in preference as it always seems to work.

Occasionally it crashes while I am just watch a show, not navigating channels at all and the crashlog still shows it manipulating EPG files and this is on a channel that does NOR carry EPG data, e.g. BBC News.

In my case all, except a very few, crashes on the Dm800, using Gemini or Nabilo, has been in EPG file manipulation. As it is on both images, it seems like it must be a problem in the base cvs.