Local Card Caching?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Still working on it :D
My Location
UK
Hello,
I'm fairly new to the Dreambox scene :)

I have a Dreambox 7020 and have been able to successfully flash it with Gemini 430. I have also managed to install CCcam 2.0.5 and can now receive my Sky Digital subscription channels via the built-in card reader :-bunny

I've heard about cardsharing and downloading keys from the internet but this is NOT what I want to do. I have a Sky subscription card and I would like to use my Dreambox to record a channel at the same time as watching another Sky channel through my Sky Digibox.

Is it possible to save/export/cache the encryption keys from my Sky card onto the Dreambox (only have one card)? I have read that cardsharing software like NewCamD can give people over the internet access to channels they have not subscribed to, If the Dreambox becomes disconnected from the internet does that mean it would immediately loose the encryption key? If not it should somehow save it, how?

Thanks,
TheLittleCrazyOne

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Dreambox will only decrypt Sky whilst it has your card in it, or has access to a card on a server, there is no caching done.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I would like to use my Dreambox to record a channel at the same time as watching another

You can only do this with a 7025 with twin tuners.