Local Installers?...

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Hi...

My Echostar reciever has recently given up on me so i've decided to buy a new set-up & go motorised to add to my fixed Astra/Hotbird Monoblock...

I am in need of an installer of motorised systems in the Merseyside area?

Merseysat & SatforceUk don't seem to be taking calls or replying to e-mails so i'm looking for other options...Not sure what set-up to buy yet as i would need someone to come & check my options for a wall or ground mount etc & ideally i'd like to get this sorted by xmas...

Any help much appreciated & Merry xmas to you all.

Regards

Exxx

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
You may find it difficult to get someone at this time of the year.

From previous posts a good motorised installer is a rare find.

If you find one, ask for a few recommendations, then can go and see the set-ups.

You could try it yourself - if can use a drill spirit level compass and have access to a satellite meter it isn't that taxing.

Take your time and it will pay off in the long run.

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Thanks for reply Gameboy...:)

I understand this maybe a busy time of year but i have been putting this off for far too long now & i just want to get sorted as soon as possible...

I have practically no Sat experience at all but i would try it myself if it were a ground mount as i'm not too good up a ladder but would prefer a dish on my house due to the area i live in but need abit of advice concerning this & what products best to buy for my needs etc too...
Could probably do with an e-mail buddy to help/advise, assist & answer question for me personally if anyone wants to e-mail me at: sharky1821*hotmail.com

I'm just frustrated that the only only 2 local installers i know of don't seem too eager to answer/assist possible new customers...:confused

Regards

Exxx

P.S: Admin:Not sure if posting e-mails is allowed so apologies & acceptance/understandng of deletion/editing if i broke any rules. :-ohmy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can post an E-mail if you like, but i never think that it is a good idea, too open to abuse by spammers.

With regard to getting an installer before Christmas, you will probably have more chance of being bitten by a daffodil. Most will not even be able to look at jobs before the new year.

Always loads of help here though .:)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
exxxklusive said:
I understand this maybe a busy time of year but i have been putting this off for far too long now & i just want to get sorted as soon as possible...

Bad time to be going up a ladder - What are your worries about the set up?

Have you bought the kit yet?

A few searches on here will answer most of your questions.

Anything you can't find an answer to come back and ask.

No need for your own email address as Rolfw says - what you ask will help others.

Deacon

Reaction score
Try Steve 079661 38225, these guys install all over the northwest, I live in the merseyside area myself and they put my system in about a month ago, I got them from a recommendation from another forum, not sure if they would come out to advise on the setup because they are not based in merseyside, and good luck getting them out before xmas.

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Thanks for the suggestion Deacon but if they can't come survey my site first then this Steve bloke is a no-no...Plus, they have to be based local so i have somewhere to call (& maybe take the lads round) if things go wrong...

Can't believe everyone will be busy this week, too lazy more like it...If the other 2 don't want my business now then they ain't getting it after xmas.

Just gotta find someone who needs the money...

Thanks for the replies guys...

Merry Xmas

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not being funny exxxklusive, but if they are established installers, they will be booked solid until after new year. They certainly won't have time to go and look at jobs, they'll be too busy doing the jobs which everyone wants doing before Christmas.

If they are anything like me, they really will be up against it next week.

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
rolfw said:
Not being funny exxxklusive, but if they are established installers, they will be booked solid until after new year. They certainly won't have time to go and look at jobs, they'll be too busy doing the jobs which everyone wants doing before Christmas.

If they are anything like me, they really will be up against it next week.

Established installers or not, they should have time to answer the phone or reply to an e-mail...left endless messages (with contact details) for weeks on one of the installers i mentioned...The other don't pick up the phone at all on anyone of thier 5 different numbers i had for them regardless of how many times i call or how long i keep trying...The same installers gave me one reply from around 20 e-mails sent over the last month & have seemingly ignored the rest...Used them many years ago & things were'nt much different then, as far as i'm concerned, they have never had customer satisfaction very high on thier list of priorities & my comments are fair as far as my dealings with them go...

If they have enough business that they don't need mine too then good luck to them...

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
gameboy said:
Bad time to be going up a ladder - What are your worries about the set up?

Have you bought the kit yet?

A few searches on here will answer most of your questions.

Anything you can't find an answer to come back and ask.

No need for your own email address as Rolfw says - what you ask will help others.
I am yet to purchase the new gear yet...
I want the biggest dish possible on my house but not sure wether to buy a DISEQC or 36v motor to accompany this?...could depend on what dish size i get as i believe 36v are for bigger dishes?
Also not sure wether to get a reciever with a positioner built in or what?
I don't want to buy budget, end of line or used gear but would like a decent reciever with 2 CI's & maybe Ird/Via embedded...i have no real clue what to buy until i know what my options are for going motorised as it may turn out i have the worst line of sight in the world knowing my luck and it might not be worth it but once i get that sorted i will have a clearer view of exactly what is needed then i can choose a reciever etc or full package to suit my needs...
Hope this make some sense...

Regards