Locked-up frozen just 3 weeks old

peanutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion reciever & dish package
My Location
Lancashire UK
My Fortec Star Passion had been working very well, lovely SD pics and fine HD.

Did the latest software updates and it run fine for days after that too.

After 2 days on standby though, it powered up only as far as past the 'mountain' boot scenery, then sits frozen and locked-up with BBC HD showing on an OSD message. The hardware buttons and remote control cannot wake it up from the freeze

I didn't even have BBC HD on as the last channel I visited.

Tried long mains-power off to cool it down (it was cold anyway from standby)

Any ideas? Hope this isn't a growing bug

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well if it won't boot, have you tried uploading the software again?

peanutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire UK
Thanks you, as a noob I hadn't figured I could do that, restored the brains via USB and we're back in business. thanks again

tricky1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star passion
My Location
uk north london
Hi Peanutz ive had that problem a few times before and today as it happens, the way i sorted it before was to turn the power off unplug the lnb cable switch back on change channel to another channel power off again plug lnb cable back in power back on and everything is ok again. however today it done it again stuck on bbc hd channel so i just sat there and left it, then after about 2 mins cant be precise the thing just rebooted all by its self and everything was ok give it a go let me know if it worked.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
peanutz, if it happens again, make sure you have the latest firmware in your box (May 27) from the Fortecstar site, as there was a known problem with BBC HD locking up the box with earlier FW versions, due to a change of BBC HD channel PID values.

Llew

peanutz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire UK
thx guys, yes I reflashed the box with the 2 latest updates from the Fortec website, but if it freezes again I'll try the other recovery methods first.

you've all been very helpful, much appreciated