• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

London 2012 Logo, what do you think?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Well I think it's Kack, certainly not worth the £400,000 it has cost.

Attachments

Salty25

can't spell :D
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Definitely have to get a new one, this is one thing you really can't afford (in terms of both image AND merchandising profits) to get wrong.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The BBC News site has got it right - looks like its been designed by the same graphics artist who did the Tiswas logo in the 1970's!

Attachments

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham

Attachments

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Analoguesat said:
The BBC News site has got it right - looks like its been designed by the same graphics artist who did the Tiswas logo in the 1970's!
Yes, the 2012 logo reminds me of early (1980s) MTV logos

2cvbloke said:
I like this one the best out of all the ones that were sent into the BBC...

By Richard Voysey

Image from here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6723027.stm
I quite like that one too

rolfw said:
Well I think it's Kack, certainly not worth the £400,000 it has cost.
I agree

chris

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
It gets better--

Animated footage promoting the logo for the 2012 London Olympic Games was removed from the organisers' Web site on Tuesday amid concern it could trigger epileptic fits.

The video clip shows a diver plunging into a pool as part of a campaign to promote the jagged Olympic logo, a graffiti-like blow-up of the number 2012 in a range of colours including hot pink and electric blue.

A London 2012 spokeswoman said the concerns surrounded a four-second piece of animation shown at the logo's launch on Monday and recorded by broadcasters.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
The one that got onto the BBC website for quite a few hours, before someone realised what goatse was about

and the animated alternative.....

Attachments

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
That animated thing is awful - it looks like London is shafting the rest of the UK (as usual............)

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Looks like race has been started.

Park Royal

My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Complete rubbish, as is the idea of Olympics in the UK.
More of our hard earned money being used by the politicians as an ego boost for them.
Roll on the revolution.
parky

Salty25

can't spell :D
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Park Royal said:
Complete rubbish, as is the idea of Olympics in the UK.
More of our hard earned money being used by the politicians as an ego boost for them.
Roll on the revolution.
parky
I wouldn't quite go that far, I think everyone is entering into this with the best of intentions, but ultimately the wrong people are in charge. I think the need to have Brits doing stuff at all costs is, perhaps, not the best approach. Someone that has real experience of running a big event should be in charge, PY Gerbeau (Head of the Millennium Dome when it was actually make money) for example.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
chris said:
It gets better--

Animated footage promoting the logo for the 2012 London Olympic Games was removed from the organisers' Web site on Tuesday amid concern it could trigger epileptic fits.

The video clip shows a diver plunging into a pool as part of a campaign to promote the jagged Olympic logo, a graffiti-like blow-up of the number 2012 in a range of colours including hot pink and electric blue.

A London 2012 spokeswoman said the concerns surrounded a four-second piece of animation shown at the logo's launch on Monday and recorded by broadcasters.
Don't know about epilepsy, but Munich's 1972 logo gave me a migraine :eek:

Attachments

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
The one that got onto the BBC website for quite a few hours, before someone realised what goatse was about
:-rofl2

It's funny how people can get away with mocking things like that and it takes people ages to work it out!!!! :-rofl2

Mad Rat

My Satellite Setup
65cm dish for Sky+ linked to all rooms, all with own remote and magic eye. Second box in home office (no multi room subscription just use card from main box if needed) 3rd box in bedroom Freeview in other rooms. Free cable in dining room Two 53cm mi
My Location
Leicestershire UK
I.ve seen better things designed in a cat litter tray:eek:

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Salty25 said:
(Head of the Millennium Dome when it was actually make money)
When was that? I ask myself I must have missed that memorable occasion or was it just for one day in its very long history of miserable failure

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Topper said:
When was that? I ask myself I must have missed that memorable occasion or was it just for one day in its very long history of miserable failure
Are they actually doing anything with the oversized tent then? :confused

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
--------See sig--------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Couldn't belive how awful it was when I saw it on TV.

Much too busy and very difficult to make out what it says when it finally stands still.

My Satellite Setup
TM-1500Ci+ Super - 1.5m Centre feed - 0.3dB Lnb
My Location
East Anglia
The Dome is now the O2 and is set to open soon as a concert / events venue

As for the logo, bounce the cheque..... Thats not a design, thats a pile of homeless peoples cardboard boxes. The same company created the oh so brilliant "Orange" mobile phone logo... (A square orange box with orange written in it...) That must have taken loads of time to make... :-rofl2

Why is it governments allows themselves to be ripped off so badly...

Channel Tunnel, Jubilee line extension Wembley, Dome, Olympic Logo... Add em up.. Massively over budget..

The only good thing I've seen out of the Millenium Projects is the London Eye..