Looking for Advice

J

JohnK

Hi

I have just had an 88cm dish with a monoblock lnb for Astra/Hotbird and a single lnb for Astra 2 installed. I get all the Astra 1/2 channels with no problems however I cannot get any hotbird channel with a frequency above 11.958V (Tele Plus Bouquet of Channels), up to that point I can get everything. When I try to search for channels above this frequency it only comes back with Bloomberg/Sky News for some reason, can anyone help.

Much Appreciated

JohnK

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds very much like the 22khz tone switch is not working on the hotbird side of the monoblock JohnK, or you do not have the LNB set as universal for that satellite.

J

JohnK

Hi Rolf

The monoblock LNB has an inbuilt Diseq1 switch according to the booklet, I'm able to get channels on Hotbird with frequncies from 10.791-11.958 it's just that it's not picking up anything above that frequency.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, that's what I'm saying, the 22Khz operates the high band switch, so you are limited to the 9.75 side of the LNb if it doesn't work. either that or it is disabled in the LNB profile, or........you do not have it listed as a universal.

Rolf

J

JohnK

Hi Rolf

Forgive my ignorance, I'm pretty new to this. Anyway just checked the LNB status and you where spot on as the installer had not enabled the LNB properly, I've put it to universal and also enable the 22KHz switch and hey presto everything's there, thanks for all your help.

JohnK

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No problem, there is a lot to take in with these multiple settings, there are quite a few satellite installers who struggle with these menu setups, so you are in good company :)