Looking for Astra 2D reception in Norway

lesath

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sandefjord, Norway
I have a silver Panasonic DSB 30 unit. Since I lost BBC on the EPG I have been working hard at trying to upgrade my hardware at minimal cost (don't want to spend a fortune on gear that might not work or indeed be overkill) with a 1.2 metre Echostar offset dish I managed to get free second hand after advertising in the local paper.

So far I have had no luck in getting a signal from the Astra 2D frequencies, but I'm getting a satellite aligning tool in the next few days because I find it very awkward to work with the built-in signal strength/signal quality measurer in the digibox.

Try and locate Sandefjord in Norway (100 km almost straight due south from Oslo)... are my chances good or am I wasting my time? It is shown to be quite well outside the 120cm dish diameter contour line of the 'official' Astra 2D footprint, but there seem to be many reports that this footprint is extremely inaccurate.

I'm quite new to this game so if you've got any ideas or tips that might help I'd appreciate them a lot.

Thanks in advance

Mike

dwillsy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi
I have just installed a 1.2 m dish in Kristiansand with a 0.6 db digital LNB. I was fortunate to that I could borrow a satellite signel finder and managed to get all BBC and ITV channels.

This did not last for all channels as I lost ITV1 AS WE WENT INTO THE EVENING. Also lost BBC for a time but its all up and running now. Good luck

digital dave

Maxi 1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sweden
So as I am in Gothenburg, Sweden how far are you folks posting in Norway.

I wish to also increse my dish but not sure if it is a waste of time.

Maxi 1