Looking for some Diseqc switches or alternative?

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Right, I am looking for some new Diseqc switches as I'm fairly certain the ones I currently have are the cause of my problem. Check here if you're interested http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=47101

Basically, I have 4 feeds, 19, 16, and 13 on one dish, 28 on another, each on a quad lnb, and they are put into three 4 x 1 disecq switches, to output to three dreamboxes. It's not all working very well, and by removing a switch and goign straight to a lnb it is fine. The ones I have our diseqc 1.0. Would 1.1 switches help, and if so, anybody got a place in the UK where I might be able to locate some? Googling hasn't gotten me very far yet?

What about alternatives? Is there anything else I could try?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Ordered some, if these work, this will be the best xmas present ever! Let ya know.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
I got some other 4x1 switches from some place in Malta (I know!!) and they arrived before the Globalcom ones. I wacked those in, and they seem to be all working fine! What an early xmas present. Thankfully, I didn't wait for the Globalcom, when they turned up I noticed, there is only inputs for LNB3, 4 and the ouput, they already have wires preconnected for LNB1 and 2, which you cant remove, which are not long enough to reach. Not a huge problem as you can just get a couple of cheap connectors to connect to my other wires, but its a niggle, and I'm positive the less connections the better for signal, and in general, less places for problems to go wrong!

Anyway, all pretty much solved, with new Diseqc switches. Amazing the difference.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yes, I never really liked the way the LNB1/2 cables coming out of the switch have to be pinched across the top to enable the cover to be slid on.

Still, I've had one installed outside for a few years now, with no problems.

Llew

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, they didn't always have the flying leads, it is not something I am entirely happy with either.