Loop through - 2 receivers?

chuckles

Reaction score
Anyone got any experience using the loop-through connection on the back of one receiver to input to another? In my casye I have an E'star 3000 and a Manhatten 5800.
I seem only to be able to receive a signal on the second receiver on the same transponder.
Is this the best I can do?

If the 1st receiver is switched off I get no signal at all on the 2nd.

Any help appreciated.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The echostar ad3000 is normally used with the LNB-out (looped) taken to the analogue LNB in component, using a supplied short cable. But if you are willing to give up the analogue, you can take the looped-through LNB-out to another secondary receiver. Is that what you've done?

If so, the second receiver will receive receive the same as the 3000 unless the ad3000 is switched off - in which case, the secondary receiver gains control completely of the LNB.

If you don't want to sacrifice analogue on the ad3000, you can connect the two receivers using a smart priority switch (eg the SMS1 from Global). I have such a switch between my dvr7000 and a Nokia 9600. The LNB is fed to the switch, and the two "out" coax connections on the switch are taken to the LNB-in of each receiver. A 0/12v wire is taken to the 0/12v jack of the primary receiver, or to pin8 on the receiver's TV scart.

Then, when you power down the primary receiver, the voltage on the 0/12v wire drops to 0v and causes the switch to redirect the LNB coax feed to the secondary receiver - which then gains full control of the LNB.

2old

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Or use a two way - single live leg - splitter in the loopthrough with priority (DC drive) given to the secondary receiver.

Run the TV out SCART of the Manhattan through to the VCR SCART input of the Echostar

chuckles

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys. What the heck is a "2 way single *****"?

The scart lead would need to be about 60' long!

Problem with the Echostar is that when it is in standby the signal is cut to the loop! The Manhatten is OK though, so that probably the route I'll need to take.:confused

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The 2 way single live leg splitter is in reference to the DC path that is taken for voltage from the main receiver to drive the LNB

Let the Echostar control the digital part only, when in standby the Manhattan will drive the LNB from its own supply and route signal through the SCART output, making the Echostar believe its receiving signals from a VCR

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dont know quite how that came into the conversation

Everything discussed was to do with IF or incoming signal modifications

A 60' SCART lead would give you about 0.2V on a composite video signal so the picture would be rather dark at the far end.

chuckles

Reaction score
@ channel hopper

The 60' reference is due to the fact that the 2 receivers are in different rooms. Sorry I did not make that clear!