loosing channels on Astra

d.w.e

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North Wales
I have an Echostar 2510 multi satellite system with an 80cm dish.
Over the last few months Ive started to loose channels on the Astra(19degree) satellite.
When I say loose channels what I mean is loosing signal, the channel is still in my list but when I go to it there is no signal. This seems to affect every channel on the transponder. Most notable is that I dont get any of the Tequila channels anymore (though they can't be unscrambled anymore- it would still be nice to get them!), and most recently Ive noticed that I dont get Deutse-Welle or the rest of the channels on that transponder either.
I just dont get it, my signal strength and qualiti are very high, and the problem only seems to affect the Astra satellite, the others seem fine. I used to get around 480 channels on Astra but now I only get around 320.
Could anyone shed some light on the problem, I would appreciate any help, thanx.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Since Astra (19) is arguably the most popular satellite viewed in Europe, many of the channels shift their frequency and sometimes polarity to aid bouquets for a particular country.

It does sound like you have an old frequency table in the receiver which if scanned misses the channels that have recently moved (or indeed arrived).

Try a Network scan first, and then if it doesnt help, upload a new firmware from the Echostar site.