zambujal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.25mt steel dish
Inverto Quad LNB
Digibox:Pace ds430N, Pace 2600C and Pace sky+ V3
My Location
Qta. do Conde Portugal
Can anybody help me. I tried to get channel five on the "add channels" option. It couldn't find it so I went back to the epg page only to find out that I had lost all the bbc1 channels and the itv 1 channel on the epg. I disconnected the box and restarted and they came back on. This morning came down to check some of the channels and the same ones had disappeared again. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening again? Is it related to trying to get channel 5? I don't want to have to end up switching on and off to get them back. Is this an issue with the box or the signal?

Thanx

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
It is a box issue, the Grundig is not working properly. (I assume this is what you are using, you don't specify).
Grundig digiboxes have a known problem with power supply units. Vanishing channels, EPG problems, and 'no satellite signal' messages are symptoms of a dying receiver. There are options to carry out a DIY repair.

e-sky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OA-1600 SMW / PF 180cm petal dish
MTI LNB AP8-T2NRC
PACE 2500
My Location
Toreboda, Sweden
You might also have a problem with reading the EPG from 11778. I had problems when I first tried to use a sky digibox down in Alicante Spain. I did a quick search on the web only to find out that the default transponder 11778 wasn't getting thru to my box and that I should try another transponder 12129.

Naturally this is done via the installers menu (Services, 4, 0, 1, select).

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Normally using an alternative to the default transponder doesn't affect the channels present in the EPG, it just limits the guide to about 12 hours ahead.
Here in Spain a Sky box will function quite happily on a dish as small as 55cm once the default has been changed from 11778.
The problems described in the original post are almost certainly from a faulty receiver.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
but why are you trying on other channels when channel five is on the epg number 105 ?
If you are getting no signal on 105 then you will not be able to tune it manually.