loss of sound quality

newbie290

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
standard sky set up,astra etc single lnb, panasonic digibox 830
My Location
cumbria uk
hi all, a while since i last posted but had some great help so here goes again.

i have just returned from France after a 4 day break, i turned the power off to my system during this time, i came home last night and turned everthing on and the sound quality is rubbish, only on the sky channels, terrestial tv is ok,
i have checked the scart leads, and looked at the signal quality etc, they are both up at 3/4 on the scale so no signal worries?, my dish seems ok and the lnb looks good,
runing out of ideas now kids getting mad listerning to big cook little cook with crap sound !!!!!!!!!!!!!! help please,
cheers
LJF.:confused

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
presumably, you're connected to tv set with SCART lead?

If your tv will accept (British, not French) PAL signals, then try getting sky through the tv aeiral socket, from the Sky box rf out, and listen to the sound on that. If still sounds bad, then possibly a Sky box fault (presumably French analogue tv sounds ok, so it's not a problem with tv set?).

You could also try sky audio out into a separate sound system, will also suggest if it's the sky box.

newbie290

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
standard sky set up,astra etc single lnb, panasonic digibox 830
My Location
cumbria uk
hi spiney
thanks for the hekp, i have since two days ago solved the problem, we tried the box on analoug sound and it was the same, not long ago the box was suddenly frezzing up, coupled with thesound problem we decided (an engineer friend) that the tuner was prob on its way out so i have binned it and got another box which works great,
cheers again for the advice.