Lost audio on Astra 19.2E channels / Digiquest P2000

polak1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digiquest p2000 (antique!)
My Location
UK South
Hi All,

I have a very old Digiquest P2000 Viaaccess/SECA embedded receiver. Basically I only use it now fixed to one channel, TV Polonia on Astra 19.2E.

I used to have it connected to a motor but now it's via a single LNB to the Astra 19.2E location, with only a handful of channels installed.

Problem is, the other day I noticed that the sound was 'glitchy'. This was the case across a few bouquets / channels, even though the picture quality was superb with no blotches / squares appearing that indicate poor signal. It's become so bad that the sound doesn't really exist anymore and you just get snippets of sound, despite the clear perfect picture.

I retuned the channel bouquet, then just channel with info from lyngsat.com (VPID, Audio PID etc etc all included) and still the same problem. Likewise just giving frequencty, SR and polarization it's the same problem.

I've interrogated the menu system and the Astra 19.2E signal strength is showing 70%. I know this clearly isn't 100%, however it picks up the pictures just fine, in fact they look clear as day and it's as if the sound has been turned down.

Any ideas anyone? Perhaps dish needs to be moved slightly? I'm wary about doing this given that the picture quality is perfect -- I thought that with a DVB signal it's either all there, or all not, and with a perfect picture you'd expect perfect audio?

Thanks in anticipation folks.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Are you experiencing any other channels with audio problems?

polak1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK South
Hi - yeah all seeem to be the same so it's not a one-off thing.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Have you tried a receiver reboot.

polak1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK South
Hi - yes a few times three-pin resets as well as regular standby on/off, but no use.

In your opinion is 70% signal strength (albeit with perfect picture) sufficient for Hotbird in the south of UK? Thanks!

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Certainly sounds ok, no pun intended :D
Would of thought it was a receiver fault rather than a dish alignment problem.