lost channels

nevets

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm in ibiza and yesterday lost all sky movie channels and my beloved MUTV...has sky been fiddling with the transponders again or can anyone see a common factor which would point to a fault at my end

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Most of the channels you have lost would appear to be on the 2B North beam, are there any other channels you are missing?

Have a look HERE to see if there is a pattern, ie; all on one polarisation, all 2B, etc.

A few details about dish, system etc would probably help.

nevets

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Rolf,Thanks for the hint...all the lost channels are on the 2A and 2B North beams exclusively,both horiz and vert polarisations...so do you think my dish has gone slightly out of alignment,or has the footprint drifted further north...or could it be something else at my end such as lnb problems...it has been very hot... I have a 1.20 m dish...panasonic box no idea what type of lnb as the label's gone
thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, could just be alignment or LNB skew, certainly the North beams are always more difficult to receive from your location.

As far as I know, there have been no reports of the footprint shrinking.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Could it be high band low band (22kh) switching problems?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I'd considered that Brian, but I believe that Nevets is receiving a mix of channels from both polarities and upper and lower bands......Could be wrong though. :)

nevets

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Have discovered the problem...it was a simple skew adjustment...and the missus has just informed me that a small pack of ibicenco hunting dogs blundered past the dish on sunday morning presumably pulling the cable and tugging the lnb on their merry way.the pleasures of country life in ibiza
thanks very much for the assistance though,Rolf's perceptive remark about all affected channels being on north beam got me started, instead of worrying about footprint drift and other effects beyond my control