Lost Rai 1, 2 and 3 channels

My Satellite Setup
Labgear satellite receiver with 60 cms dish
My Location
London
Hi there,
I have a Labgear satellite receiver with a 60cms dish pointed at the Hotbird satellite.
I use it mainly for the Italian Rai channels.
I also get BBC World.
Access to the Rai channels has been intermittent and now I just can't receive RAI at all. But I can get RAI Gulp (Kids' channel) and BBC World News.

I just get a message saying NO SIGNAL
The RAI channels are tuned to Hotbird 6,7 10992 V 27500

Would anyone know what may be wrong? The dish can't have moved because I receive the other channels- right?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Peter

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suspect the Labgear rx doesn't support Nagra.
Just to check if he gets a signa, if the receiver is HD.

Just checked 10992 V 27500 and I get the channels, although the signal seems slightly lower, than others.
Can you please post your signal quality readings, for the channels you do get.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
and 11766 is encrypted any way!!
Even if a channel is encrypted you can still scan them in and check the signal quality readings.
The original poster has a 60cm dish, which should be large enough, for 13E, providing it is aligned correctly, and there are no problems with the LNB, or cabling.
When you have a signal failure you first check the signal quality levels, on other channels, to see if the dish has moved, next you check both polarities, Horizontal, and Vertical, to see if both are working.
If one polarity isn't working it's generally a LNB failure, but could be a receiver problem.

My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
carcassonne south france,700ks south of Paris ,300k N of Barcelona
sure of course ,and the italians have the "multi-stream" system...
at least the hotbird sd is really fta except the few US imports they show..
which are anyway similar to ours in France germany... a good system whereby they share their home grown stuff and encrypt the useless stuff

My Satellite Setup
1,8 Channel Master, Black Pro LNB with CM feedhorn and VU+ DUO 2 and Vantage 8000 TS receivers. Fixed dishes at: 42 E, 28,2/28,5 E, 19,2 E, 16 E, 13 E, 9 E, 5 E, 1 W, 5 W and 15 W
My Location
Sweden
Hi there,
I have a Labgear satellite receiver with a 60cms dish pointed at the Hotbird satellite.
I use it mainly for the Italian Rai channels.
I also get BBC World.
Access to the Rai channels has been intermittent and now I just can't receive RAI at all. But I can get RAI Gulp (Kids' channel) and BBC World News.

I just get a message saying NO SIGNAL
The RAI channels are tuned to Hotbird 6,7 10992 V 27500

Would anyone know what may be wrong? The dish can't have moved because I receive the other channels- right?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Peter
I'm using a 110 cm Triax for Hotbird reception. The transponder (10992 V) used for RAI 1,2 3 SD varies quite a lot in strength at my place too. Sometimes it comes in at around 16 dB but other times below 14 dB. On a small dish this could be the difference between picture and no picture.