Lost reception on all channels with Vertical Polarisation

micomico

Reaction score
I hope somone can help me or point me in the right direction.
I can't get any reception for any channels that have vertical polarisation, I'm having no trouble receiving channels with horizontal polarisation. The problem was intermitant for a couple of weeks, they would go and then come back, but since Sunday, I haven't been able to get any reception (on Sunday morning I had them all).
The system was installed last September, and it's only been the last couple of weeks that I've experienced any serious problems, before then I've had to re-tune the satellites after it's been windy (but that's not too tough).

Thanks in advance.

Technomate 5500CI
80cm dish
0.6 max LNB Cambridge (I think)
I live in London

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like the LNB is possibly at fault, could be alignment, but it sounds like you have played with that aspect. LNBs are pretty cheap, get a new one, it'll probably solve the problem.

PS. If you have access to a volt meter, you can always check the outgoing voltages from the receiver, but I don't think that is the problem.

micomico

Reaction score
Thanks. I've just managed to arrange to get the guy that installed to come over next week to sort it out (hopefully).

K

kalamar

If the wrong type lnb is being used you will also have that problem (LINEAR and CIRCULAR) dont interchange, also have some INI files that were wrong and start out with the wrong polarity this will do it for some transponders,that usually will cause NO channels found if all are reversed,I have found some Russian ini like that.

HOWEVER.... after reading your post again I would totally agree with rolwf since you HAD them at the start and then lost them. bla bla yak yak ect ect !

now lemmie bitch a little:

I just GAVE away a bunch of NEW ALPS universal lnb's on Ebay yesterday they caught me off guard,hope they DONT send the money ! $3.00-$6.00 for THREE NEW ones

bye bye 73