Lost Thor...

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Here's a thing - I have most Sat positions East and West working OK.

When I could no longer watch the main channels on Thor I stopped going there.

Now I cannot get the Dreambox to find the damb thing!

I can see the settings in the GoToXX function but when I go to scan transponders 1 West is not listed. Yet it is in the transponder list!

I have connected a meter to the dish and it is pulling in a strong signal but will not lock.

Anyone any ideas?

Another strange issue is that when I move the dish to look for Thor it locks onto Astra at 19.2 and thinks that's it.

Everything else is working OK. :-cry1

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
gameboy said:
Here's a thing - I have most Sat positions East and West working OK.

When I could no longer watch the main channels on Thor I stopped going there.

Now I cannot get the Dreambox to find the damb thing!

I can see the settings in the GoToXX function but when I go to scan transponders 1 West is not listed. Yet it is in the transponder list!

I have connected a meter to the dish and it is pulling in a strong signal but will not lock.

Anyone any ideas?

Another strange issue is that when I move the dish to look for Thor it locks onto Astra at 19.2 and thinks that's it.

Everything else is working OK. :-cry1

Try Menu/Service searching/sat Configuration then yellow button for New. Should come up again. 1 w that is. Then you will see the transponders listed in the drop down menu. You can search now for 1w again and store it.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
john_graydon said:
Try Menu/Service searching/sat Configuration then yellow button for New. Should come up again. 1 w that is. Then you will see the transponders listed in the drop down menu. You can search now for 1w again and store it.

Did you get it Sorted Gameboy ???

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
That's a long story - but No.

I can see the listings for Thor in the settings but when I try to find it only one transponders shows and it doesn't appear at all in the automatic transponder scan.

Well here's what happened at the weekend...

I was playing with the dish on Saturday when I lost all the channels - the dish was moving but no channels (signal strength was still between 40% - 60%, worth noting) but no Satellites or Channels.

This could happen when the LNB cable from the motor has come loose, a quick check on the dish confirmed this, going full East had pulled the cable out - never done it before.

I re-connected the cable, then decided to lengthen it, not a simple job when the dish is above a conservatory!

I decided to remove the LNB arm from the dish (easier option) and attached a new, longer, cable. When I put it all back together no power would get to the motor or it had blown. Damn!

I attached the meter and the motor sprung back into action. So then I decided it must be the connections I had made on the new cable.
When I had stripped the cable I had left the copper shield too far up the core and it was shorting the power. Luckily when I stripped it back on both connections it all worked.

Still don't have Thor!

Looks like the settings on the USB need to be cleared and reinstalled - but with the vital servers off line I really can't face it!

Well you live and learn!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
That was a good weekend so. The same thing happened me with Thor And Astra 2. Some gremlins still about. Noticed on some Images theres 3 menus for the Sats. New/services/Providers. I just Put back in my saved settings with just the 2 (services/providers). Even when messing about I get the removed service on some sats as well. Great aint it. You could spend hours getting it perfect and the next day do something stupid and its all gone. We would be lost without FWP & Dream box edit.