low band channels missing

RESCO

Reaction score
Was at a service call today and cannot get BBC1 BBC2 AND ITV 1 to work.To tell you the story I have done about 7 installs in this scheme.All the ones with sky dishes are missing these channels but the two that use digiglobes are ok.I think there is either a radar detector in someones car or a third generation mobile mast.Has anyone had experience with these snoppers as I have heard that they can cause a lot of problems

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As you're probably aware, there can be a problem with the older Panasonic receivers with certain minidish LNBs, the receivers generate a low level but sometimes disruptive tone signal, which fools some LNBs into staying in high band. The digiglobe uses an MTI I believe, so wouldn't be affected.

What LNBs are you using on the minidishes?

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
The low band problem sounds like the 22khz switching is faulty, The Grundig's suffer from this, with the capacitor failure in the PSU. Pace 2500 series have also had problems with the Zif tuners causing a similar effect.

RESCO

Reaction score
zansi said:
The low band problem sounds like the 22khz switching is faulty, The Grundig's suffer from this, with the capacitor failure in the PSU. Pace 2500 series have also had problems with the Zif tuners causing a similar effect.
With reference to the LNBs used.I have tryed a Skyware Quad,a Cambridge Twin and a Cambridge Single.The recievers in use are a Pace 2500,a Amstrad 300 and two Sony 760.Also I have changed to a Zone 2 dish and if anything makes the problem worse.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly sounds odd Resco, do you have access to a spectrum analyser?

RESCO

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Certainly sounds odd Resco, do you have access to a spectrum analyser?
Yes I use a Promax MC377+ for my main work and also have a Premier Sky meter and a Lacuna mark 2 with the Hughes internet software on it.
The Promax shows that I am getting a the low band at the dish and at the reciever
I still think it is interference from a third party but outwith complaining to the radio people what can I do

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Do they never get low band channels?

If it is interference (and it is always there) it is unlikely to be a car radar snooper, as the car wouldn’t always be parked.

Doesn’t really help you I know, but eliminating (or partly confirming) that will at least give you a more certain starting point.

RESCO

Reaction score
PoloMint said:
Do they never get low band channels?

If it is interference (and it is always there) it is unlikely to be a car radar snooper, as the car wouldn’t always be parked.

Doesn’t really help you I know, but eliminating (or partly confirming) that will at least give you a more certain starting point.
Yes they did get lowband but only with the zone 1 dish and the cambridge twin.They got all the bbc but only got itv intermitantly.Also since changing to the zone two and skyware quad the only bbc they can get sometimes is BBC west on 10818V ,but only now and again. All tne rest including Hallmark,Eurosportnews and also all the football interactive are unobtainable.