Lucuna sat. locator (old)

Jimbutcher

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a new member, I was surfing the net looking for info. on Lucuna Premier sat. locators and this site popped up!
At the moment there are several old Lucuna meters for sale on Ebay, all with dodgy batteries (at silly prices).
One of the threads I read on this site mentioned Lucuna and wornout batteries, it was between Rolfw and another member. Rolfw said his now lived in the corner of his garage, which brings me to the point of this letter.
I am looking for a secondhand Lucuna type locator, I need it for setting up my dish for free to view channel when I am away in my motorhome in the UK.
I would assume that if the inbuilt battery was worn out, it would still function if the recharging unit was connected?
If my assumption is correct, it would very easy to place my dish/tripod and connected meter within easy reach of a recharge supply.
So finally do any of you have an old meter Lunca type meter laying in the corner of your garage the will give me a readout of when I'm pointing at the correct satellite, as well as, signal strength in exchange of silver?

Jim Butcher

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
The rechargeable battery inside the meter is easily replaced,or you can use a similar or larger one,(of the same voltage)velcro'd to the back of the meter.While the charger is connected the meter cannot be used..........when you say silly money do you mean cheap or dear?...........brian

Jimbutcher

Reaction score
Hi Dishdoctor Brian, when I say silly money I mean expensive, the Lucuna Premier on Ebay is at £56 with 7 days to go, could well go for £100. Two other even earlier models without chargers went for about £80.00 a few of weeks ago, they were back on again last week! assume the buyer found they were no good, so was trying to cut his losses. I know a new Lucuna is about £250 but its a lot of cash if your not using it to earn a living.
Coming back to your reply,"The rechargeable battery inside the meter is easily replaced" is this by forced entry? these are older meters maybe newer models allow you access to the battery. Anymore advise please.

Jim

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
I use the DSMC 10,and can remove the back by undoing about 6 screws,even if an earlier model has no screws you should still be able to open them with a thin blade lever,but rather you than me!..For the uk and for personal use any cheap meter should do the job,more expensive at about 45 quid is the Emitor Digisat,works great,finds the exact position but does not show signal quality,but in the uk this is easy......brian