Macroblocks - Horrible noise in some channels

Ghost_inside2003

Reaction score
Hi,

Please, forgive me, if you have seen this message in another forum.

I am hoping that someone could give me some advice with a problem
I have been unable to crack, I watch EchoStar 7 and I have been using a Nexus-S DVB card and everything seems to be working fine with RitzDVB and DVBDream, I have configured hardware decoder while using DVB Dream and software decoder with Ritz, no matter what application I use, some channels, specially SCIFI, generate a lot of noise every time the decibels go high during a scene, another problem is Macro Blocks every 5 minutes which practically degrade the picture for about half of a second.

I have upgrade drivers, connected the internal sound out of the card to the internal CD In port on the motherboard but the problems don't go away.

I have no idea what is wrong because when I was using my SkyStar 2, never had noise problems or picture degradation.

Any suggestions ?

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Ghost_inside2003 said:
Hi,

Please, forgive me, if you have seen this message in another forum.

I am hoping that someone could give me some advice with a problem
I have been unable to crack, I watch EchoStar 7 and I have been using a Nexus-S DVB card and everything seems to be working fine with RitzDVB and DVBDream, I have configured hardware decoder while using DVB Dream and software decoder with Ritz, no matter what application I use, some channels, specially SCIFI, generate a lot of noise every time the decibels go high during a scene, another problem is Macro Blocks every 5 minutes which practically degrade the picture for about half of a second.

I have upgrade drivers, connected the internal sound out of the card to the internal CD In port on the motherboard but the problems don't go away.

I have no idea what is wrong because when I was using my SkyStar 2, never had noise problems or picture degradation.

Any suggestions ?
If you mean a loud buzz sound, It could be the AGC settings on your TV set too high and is suffering overload. Look see if you can turn down the AGC on you TV on the rear or inside on circuit board. Why are you using softmode with progDVB ? Nexus-S works fine in hard mode with any working DVB program.Also are you using a modulator on the video output of the Nexus ? all in all it sounds like too much signal somewhere.

Ghost_inside2003

Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for answering. I am not using ProgDVB, too unstable and recorded video jumps from one scene from another, signal meter is always below 75%, so I doubt it is too much signal.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Is this fault (not the macro blocks) present on your PC when using the Nexus?

I think there is some confusion here with the word 'signal'
I think K meant the AV O/P from your PCI card and not the RF input
from th LNB.

L

Ghost_inside2003

Reaction score
The macroblocks are present when using the Nexus-S card in my PC, signal meter in the applications I use reaches 75% but never above this figure.

This fault decompose the image in my computer screen for let's say a few micro seconds (less than a second) and can spoil a recording.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Yes but does the sound problem happen on you PC ??