madrix cam not working

L

lexden

Hi Guys
I have a technomate 5500ci super and a matrix reloaded cam 0.08 with a fixed dish on hotbird i put the cam in the slot,and it says module is inserted initializing the screen goes blank and then screen comes back and says module is inserted initializing it does this all the time can you help.I also have a titanium blue card can i do anything with it.
many thanks
Dave

msawad

Reaction score
if this happen with you on a specific channels on hotbird , try to update the keys first (as example TPS have new keys now)
start on FTA channel > update keys> then back to the scrambled channel

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Some receivers have problems initialising MR cams. It might be you have to try it in another receiver first.

My Echostar 808 has problems initializing MRs; the trick is to pop the CAM out and in one or two times with the receiver powered up (normally you put the MR in then power up). Sounds like you might be doing this already. Try the normal; put the receiver on an FTA channel with the MR in, then power down and back up again.

I've seen other suggestions about disconnecting the LNB cable as well whilst trying to initialise the MR - stops the receiver talking to the CAM apparently?

If you have a trawl throught the MR forum, you might find some good ideas.

Good luck!

PS Update CAS Keys is a menu option in the CAM menu, but only once your MR has initialized.

harbottle

Reaction score
My Location
Swansea
the trick is to pop the CAM out and in one or two times with the receiver powered up (normally you put the MR in then power up).

I have tried for 2 days to initalise a MR V1.10 in an Echostar AD3000ip V1100 with no joy. Tried what you said and the picture cleared om Multivision in less than 2 seconds.

You are a genius, many thanks M8 :D :D

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Actually, I got that tip from another forum, but it did get me out of a lot of bother - I was really sweating it the first time I updated my MR and then it didn't initialise straight away.

Nice to know that the post was useful though!