magic cam and nokia 9902

mrdollar

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have i nokia 9902s and a magic cam with pentacrypt 1.07. My problem is that the magic cam hangs very often so I have to take the card out and stick it in again very often. I have tried the magic cam on a humax 5400 and it was no prolem at all. It workt very nice and smoth on the humax reciver. Please help.

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Dear Mr. Dollar

Unfortunately, the combination of a Magic CAM and a Nokia is not the best one. :confused The 9902 , from my recollection, has lesser issues than previous ones (9500, 9600, 9800,9802, etc.), however, numerous probems were reported with Nokia receivers in general.

Here are my 2p:

1. Since you checked your Magic on a Humax and it worked, it is unlikely that it's hardware is at fault.

2. Specifically, from my recollection, with 9902 you can try three different approaches:
- Make sure that you have the most recent firmware in you Nokia (apparently AD2.2) and use it to disable embedded Viaccess;
- Exclude the possibility of the receiver overheating the CAM by introducing additional external cooling;

- Also, people were saying that older MM software Gamma 0.12 was working better with their Nokias - try reloading the module if the first two options do not help.

Hope the above helps to sort your problem

Regards

mrdollar

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thank you Nickolai for your answer. I will try your suggestions and see if it helps. I´ll be back with the result. \\ mrdollar

mrdollar

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have located the problem and it is the magic cam who gets to warm in nokia 9902. When I take the cam out for a minute and put it in it works fine switching between channels and encryptions. Is it possible to get some info how to connect a fan to nokia 9902.