Magic Cam Dream Cam

M

martyn121

Hi

Can someone please advise me on which CAM To go for?
Was going to get the MAGIC CAM
but A friend told me about this DREAM CAM that can pick up 60 good channels on 1 Degree West.

Have'nt a clue What To Go For Just Want films & sports.

I have A Manhattan DSR 5500 Cip

Best Regards

Martyn

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
There is no such thing as a Dream CAM. What you are probably referring to is a Dream card. That is an expensive commercial hack of the Conax encryption system used predominantly by providers at the orbital slot you mentioned. To use a Dream card you need some kind of CAM able to work with Conax. EG an actual Conax CI CAM, or a receiver with embedded Conax CAM.

The Magic CAM is a reprogrammable CI CAM that can emulate many different kinds of encryption. See sites in the sticky post of this forum (info on every cam in existance) for more info. There is however presently no available firmware for emulation of Conax though probably it will come eventually.

2old

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
The Magic CAM is an excellent product (i have one) but you need to be aware that this is a fairly new development and so bugs still exist.The cam works great in some receivers, but very bad in others.
The best thing to do would be to visit the magic cam forum and ask questions regarding your receiver and its compatability with the Mag cam.The link is below.(The english section is halfway down the page).

Regards
Lee

http://mm.servebeer.com/

M

martyn121

Thanxs For All Info.
As You Can See I Have'nt A Clue About All This Sat Stuff.
But I Am Trying!

Thanks Again

Martyn

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Magic Cams seem to have a tough time at the moment in proving themselves legitimate

A lot of sites have been closed down in the past week since Ive been away which coincided with a drop in the price of the CAM and programmer. Could be that backup may not be around for long

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
I am also considering getting a Magic CAM. Given that the info sites are closing down would anyone in the know please post a list of the supported receivers. I am particularly interested in knowing if the Echostar AD3600 is supported.

Thanks,

Tirosh.

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Echostar 3600 is a safe choice with Magic Module.
The only problem, I heard of, is with the latest Penta 1.07 - could reset into Dreamload :confused. This, unfortunately, has not been resolved yet.
The Echostar 3600 works fine with Penta 1.05. :)

Another option to consider - there is a software patch for this Echostar that allows it to work with the cheap Irdeto EuroCAM, as a muliticrypt CAM.

Hope this helps

If you have further questions on Magic please post them in the dedicated Magic Module section of the forum.

Regards

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Thanks for the quick reply Nickolai. This has now convinced me to go for one. I spotted the dedicated section after posting. Will use that from now on.

Tirosh.