Magic Eye(s) Not Working

Irish Blue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Normal SKY set up
My Location
N Ireland
Hi
I have just your normal run of the mill SKY system. Last week an engineer had to come out and replace the set top box. When this happened I had to tune SKY in again on the other TVs in the house which are linked via a return aerial from the main system.

These TVs also have a magic eye that was used to change channels etc.

However now none of these work! Is it due to the fact that SKY is now on a different frequency or do they need tuned to the set top box?

Fairly ignorant to this sort of stuff, so all help appreciated.

Thanks

timbo86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, CM 1.2 with invacom quad c120 & channelmaster feedhorn.
My Location
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Being a sky engineer myself, he should have switched on the power supply for the RF in the installer menu. To access this press Services, goto System setup (no. 4), then press 0,1 and select in sequence. This will take you into 'installer menu'. Now goto RF Outlets and switch the power supply on and the clearest RF channel in Northern Ireland is 47. Which will mean that you will have to retune your tvs again. Hope this helps.

Irish Blue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Normal SKY set up
My Location
N Ireland
Ta Mate

The problem now though is that the magic eyes still don't work! Are they set to the set top box, or how do they work?

timbo86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, CM 1.2 with invacom quad c120 & channelmaster feedhorn.
My Location
Belfast, Northern Ireland
The box supplys the 12 volts required. Make sure that the engineer put the cable feeding the amp in to RF2 oultlet on back off sky box and not RF 1!

Irish Blue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Normal SKY set up
My Location
N Ireland
And that was the problem!

The RF 2 and RF 1 needed switched around! I'd never have known to do that!

Many thanks mate....perhaps now's a good time to reveal that you've just helped out a big Chelsea fan :)

Cheers mate!