magic module and icecrypt cam.

radiotech

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
USA
I am new to this magic and icecrypt cams. I'm in N.America and i have to use two receivers for receiving irdeto1 and viaccess1 channels from telstar 5. I bought the receivers cheaply from ebay. However, i have to a/b switch to select between irdeto and viaccess programs. It's very cumbersome. does magic cam or icecrypt cam decode viaccess1 and irdeto1 simultaneously? That means i only have to use one card (gold or silver or funcard) to have both viaccess and irdeto programs. I have one viaccess embedded and one irdeto embedded receivers. I may have to purchase a receiver with CI for use with magic or icecrypt cams. thank you in advance. In N. america, it's very hard to find receivers that can be purchased easily in europe or asia.

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, radiotech - both multicrypt cams will do the job. You need to be careful when selecting receiver/ CAM combination as not all of them marry well together.

Regards, Nickolai

radiotech

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
USA
Thank you Nikolai. Do you have any recommendation for the receiver/magic cam combination? thanks again. I can purchase bec, satcruiser, or coship receiver with CIs in north america.

radiotech

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
USA
donhatem,
i also tested the matrix reloaded cam with coship 5300ci and bec6600ci. The combinations work well. thanks

Gustavo Hoffmann

Reaction score
My Location
it prepares the Magic Cam, or either to leave in dremload
donhatem said:
I tested satcruiser with magic, it's ok
GOOD AFTERNOON! OBTAIN TO PROGRAM MAGIC CAM IN RECEIVER SATCRUISER ?
I WAIT URGENT RETURN?
HOFFMANN/BRAZIL

Gustavo Hoffmann

Reaction score
My Location
it prepares the Magic Cam, or either to leave in dremload
GOOD AFTERNOON donhatem! AS I PROGRAM MAGIC CAM IN RECEIVER SATCRUISER ?
I WAIT URGENT RETURN?
HOFFMANN/BRAZIL

scorps

Reaction score
Hi ! there seems to be a lot of poeple in here who have done their time
with all types of reciever setups.

My problem is > I have an extreme" looks like the latest model " receiver
one Magic Module and a couple of fun cards .
however now is the time for programming them which I have done
with hex files and a serial port card read/writer.

I wanted to know what is the most hassle free method of
either programming the MM or the funcards
'" one is a 4th generation open platform "" card.

so in a nut shell, what hardware do I need > how much and where to get!
software and support files > how much and where to get?
sorry to sound Blunt its just exactly what I need... I think!

Kind regards Scorps
PS Do laptop PCMCIA slots ever double as a medium to program a magic module or similar??????????????????????????????????????????????

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
Hi scorps, how's it going?
First off, where are you and what do you want to recieve? The next couple of bits that you need to buy are a cas programmer from duolabs, check the sponsers of this site, this will update the software on your magic module and change it to a matrix reloaded cam. Fairly easy to do and only around £30-£40. Make sure that you already have a printer cable to connect the cas. From my experiance the next thing would be a Smartmouse/Phoenix card programmer, around about £15-£20. Then buy a Titanium card. These are quite dear at around £40 but they have worked well for me over the past six months and have quite a lot of support on the net. The next thing to do is read through this forum and try messing about with all your new kit. If you get stuck we'll all jump in and help out if we can. And finally, laptops can program your cam if you have the right drivers installed on it although I've never tried it myself.
Be lucky, and don't rely on this as your major source of T.V. just treat it as a hobby and you won't go far wrong,
Regards,
Dom.

nasrh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satcruiser dsr 101 plus
My Location
canada, vancouver
I am new and would like to get dishnetwork channels;

Any body knows how to get the right bin and key?