Magic module with Conax official card

I am using a Magic Module ver. 1.04 that I have programmed with penta 1.11.
I would like to use it with an original Conax "Canal Digital Sweden" card.
The reason is that I don't have embedded Conax in the reciever "Humax VACI 5350".
The problem is that it seems to work fine for about eight seconds then the picture freezes, become black and a message that the video signal is coded appears, after eight seconds it's back to normal and working for about eight seconds again and so on. I have tried the card in a Conax CAM and then it's working.

Isn't the reciever supported by the MM?
I have read about fake MM ver 1.04, could that be the problem? How do I know if it's fake or not?
Is there different types of the software penta 1.11?
Isn't the software "penta 1.11" supporting original cards????????

I'm a newbie with this so I would be most thankfull if anyone could tell me what i'm doing wrong.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
May be wrong, but I thought that Penta 1.11 emulates Conax, in which case there is probably a conflict between the CAM Emulator and the card.

You may have more luck with an earlier version penta.

S.G

i have the same promblem but when i put a original conax card for canal digital it does even read the card.

I have a samsung dsr 9000 via ci..
i dont think my magic module is fake beacause i have bought it from a reiable source. i have a titanium card also and it doesnt work with conax but it works with seca2.
i have also a 6-1 funcard and it works perfactly but i dont know what the promblem is why dosent it work for conax.
i have programmed my magic module with penta 1.11 conax and it dosent work.

i want conax to work.

S.G said:
i have the same promblem but when i put a original conax card for canal digital it does even read the card.

I have a samsung dsr 9000 via ci..
i dont think my magic module is fake beacause i have bought it from a reiable source. i have a titanium card also and it doesnt work with conax but it works with S*ca2.
i have also a 6-1 funcard and it works perfactly but i dont know what the promblem is why dosent it work for conax.
i have programmed my magic module with penta 1.11 conax and it dosent work.

i want conax to work.
hi ya,
i have the same sammy9000 but can't get any of my working Aston1.5+tit or MRev cam to work on it. In settings they show up but just show black screens or complain saying "please check the smart card". do i need to install some new firmware? do you know what you use? please help me out if you can,
thanks,
netjunkie

network75

netjunkie said:
hi ya,
i have the same sammy9000 but can't get any of my working Aston1.5+tit or MRev cam to work on it. In settings they show up but just show black screens or complain saying "please check the smart card". do i need to install some new firmware? do you know what you use? please help me out if you can,
thanks,
netjunkie
Penta 1.11 does emmulate conax so Rolf does have a point - there may be a conflict.

The reason your tit card freezes after a few seconds is probably because you are using 1.06 OS on the card. I had that problem and changed to an older version and it worked. I later changed my receiver to a Technomate and I was able to use 1.06.

The best solution for all of this would be an upgraded Penta that would cope with the latest codes but there hasn't been one for a few months now.

Good luck, Tommo.

My Satellite Setup
2.3m meshdish recieveing asiasat3s
My Location
melbourne,australia
hi mate can you please tell me from where i can download this programme Penta 1.11 or can you send me on raja*optusnet.com.au
thanks

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
try a search on google for magictrance.nl click on the English version after entering the site, that should provide everything you require.