mail order magic cam

steve74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5000adpci , motorised, trex cam , magic cam, variouse - os xp, linux,solaris10
My Location
LANCS
Has anyone got experience of ordering cams from abroad ? ie from holland to uk. There's an advertisement on a site :-http://www.funcard.li/hoe.html , the price looks very tempting , but not knowing anything about the company I'm a bit sceptical .The company may well be cosher but you get to hear stories about companys prefering payment via paypal etc. So I thought I'd ask for other peoples opinions before parting with my hard earned !!

satellite eye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
steve74 said:
Has anyone got experience of ordering cams from abroad ? ie from holland to uk. There's an advertisement on a site :-http://www.funcard.li/hoe.html , the price looks very tempting , but not knowing anything about the company I'm a bit sceptical .The company may well be cosher but you get to hear stories about companys prefering payment via paypal etc. So I thought I'd ask for other peoples opinions before parting with my hard earned !!

i have not bought from abroad with this company,i have bought from www.waferworld.co.uk which was a magic cam,they are available for £120 which came next day,my advice about buying from overseas is be careful,is the item fake or genuine,how long for delivery,import duties,product guarantee,always pay by credit card where possible over £100 and you shoud be safe if anything goes wrong.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Two points that may interest those in the UK who are considering buying from abroad.

1. There is a very good article on the subject in today's Computeractive magazine.

2. Also the UK credit card companies are pressing for the guarantees on purchases to apply only to purchases made in the UK. There is a test case in the pipeline at the moment between the Office of Fair Trading and two CC companies. The judgement will be interesting.