Main focus for multi-LNB dish

NiCad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan 5900, Infinity USB, Panasonic skybox & triax zone2, Gemini 90 and other dishes, triax & grundig lnbs
My Location
Manchester (53'N 2'W)
Hi all,

My first post on this forum...

I just wondered if there was some method of deciding which satellite to use as a main focus when using multiple LNBs on one dish.
My goal is to switch between two LNBs (a triax & a grundig) through a diseqc switch which will be for the infamous astra 19E & hotbird 13E.
Do I use hotbird as main focus for the dish and the "bracket lnb" on astra, or the opposite? - Or even point the dish in-between at about 16E so each lnb is equally off by 3 degrees? Or does anyone know how a monoblock lnb is aimed?

Apologies if this has already been answered - Couldn't find what I was looking for anywhere.

Cheers

NiCad

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
I asked this very same question a couple of weeks ago. The answer came to use 13E as main focus, since the transponders on 19.2E are are a little bit stronger use 13E. I did this on my 60cm dish and it seems to work OK, I have not had the chance to test in 'really' bad weather....

h22p://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=33163

cheers
-cts

NiCad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan 5900, Infinity USB, Panasonic skybox & triax zone2, Gemini 90 and other dishes, triax & grundig lnbs
My Location
Manchester (53'N 2'W)
Thanks for replying cts

Your link does indeed point to the same question!
I don't know how I missed it - Even mentions the middle-of-the-ground
16 degree approach, it makes me look like I was taking the pi** or something
but I swear I had not read it...

I thought I recognised the pictures though from the "Members setups", and is exactly what I was trying to do - just needed to know which way to point it.

I think the DIY aspect is part of the fun - everyone's stuff is unique
I will try to send in a pic of my "brick filled tyre & string" dish mount if I can.

Respect

NiCad

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
NiCad said:
Thanks for replying cts

I will try to send in a pic of my "brick filled tyre & string" dish mount if I can.
NiCad

hi nicad, no probs, keep charging us with your DIY experiments, its all good fun. cheers.