Main Freesat Transponder Not Found

rjenkins27

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky satellite exists here that a previous tenant used.
My Location
Bristol, UK
I've recently moved in to a house (rented) and realised it did not have an aerial, but a satellite dish. A twin cable labeled Sky comes into the area where our TV is.

Doing a bit of reading it seemed like we needed to buy a Freesat box, so I did (Manhattan SX).

When I went to set this us, I tried with both twin cables and got the error message 'Main Freesat Transponder Not Found'. I tried changing the SCR inputs (not sure what this does) but nothing changed. When I tried to scan with no satellite cable plugged in it says 'no signal found'. So the signal is there and it seems to be reaching the dish. But once it reaches it something goes wrong.

I'm able to scan the channels and they are all appear in the guide, but when I go to watch it says 'no signal'.

Obviously, I'm not expert in this area. I can't find any advice about this online beyond 'call an engineer' and I'd like a bit more insight into the problem before I have to call one. If anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it, before I speak to my landlord/call an engineer and fork out, I'm wandering if it's something that is easily fixed myself?

Thanks!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Did the previous tenents have SkyQ? If so you will probably need the change the lnb on the dish.