makes the internet crazy,when we use it to much,how many hours all here are online?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i want to ask here,all the members,how many hours,you spend in one month on the net,and espasaly here,and on other bulletin boards!
i recogneized,and my family,that i to long online,and when i swtich of the computer,i miss something,also when i cant slepp ,when it fullmoon outside,i think,after a have hour,to try to sleep,come on swtich on your notbook,that i have in my sleeping room,iam sure,that there are some news,or some notification,for sure it is very intresting,in sumer time,when weater is good,i dont surf so much,i think aproximently 5 h each day!
sometimes more!
what is now most importend,for us,watching the satellites,or reading and writing on the net about them!
the ineternet is to much acocationm,and is very difficult to say,no matter what could happens,i dont switch on the computer today!

in the united states,the have internet clinics ,for the strong addicted 24/7 h surfers
but here in europe,or worldwide we have the same problem,and i dont see this kind of clinics!

i know that i can live without the net,when i want,but our hobby is so exiting,and so many thinks happens in a short time,that i think its imposible living with out the net,then you are not uptodate,and outdated,like a one week old newspaper!

also i want now,what the do,in the internet clinic,to bring people away from to much surfing,or playing computer games?
the say,in the telvision that this kinds of clinics exits,but not more!

in 10 years we are maye 3 years online,before the internet exitst,all the looking to america and say,how someone can watch television 10/h day,and never could imagine,that a new medium will come,where the complete world are adicted with it,when it use it to much!

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
Turok mate you,re spending too much time on the computer!!

myself 1 to 2 hours/day

regards Dave

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I spend 10 hours a day also, but I need the internet mostly for professional work, like looking for information, updates, downloading info, study on line, our forum, email reading, mature content watching, etc.
No games for me, thanks god.
It is not only the internet, but the use of the PC.
If I am designing a website for example, it is mostly working on the applications on the PC, and the internet connection is at the publishing stage and debugging.
It is too hot in the summer, so staying inside for many hours is necessary.
I don't know what you should do, but if you change your job to something more demanding and on the field, then it should keep you away from the internet.
Also marital status can play a big factor. Married with children won't leave much spare time.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Blame this Forum.

It's addictive! :-righton

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I do between an hour and two hours in the morning before going out, sometimes more if I have a late start, afternoons and evenings I'll be on most of the time, but watching TV and making calls etc at the same time.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
rolfw said:
I do between an hour and two hours in the morning before going out, sometimes more if I have a late start, afternoons and evenings I'll be on most of the time, but watching TV and making calls etc at the same time.

Yes, I'd say I mirror that near enough ... lol :-jumpsmile

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
At the min bout 45 mins in morning and maybe an hour throughout the evening, quickly peek here and there on phone more than laptop, used to be a lot more but stopped the mrs bingo account so get my ear chewed off if I linger online for two long as she's got nowt to do now ;)

dago

Reaction score
hi m8's; it all depends, most mornings abou an hour and probably five more
in the evenings! a lot more at the week-ends!
regards.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
No rigid timetable. Not working now, so could pop up any time. On average I suppose an hour or two in the morning and evening, logging in for Mod duties at random any or all other times (so watch your step forum rule breakers 'O')

Llew

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I use a programme within the PC to monitor for me. I'm not actually on the net at the moment ;)

Springbok76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax PVR, Sky Germany (Full Subscription)
My Location
Germany
During the week, a few hours but normally pop in to check emails etc, but weekends quite long, advantages of the flatrate I guess. Also then come weekends, do alot of FIFA Online gaming, till the wee hours of the morning.