Man Arrested!!

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Just been reading on another forum that a man has been arrested for "just enjoying our hobby" like we all do. I will not mention who it is as I do not know the person involved, but it seems to act as a warning that by just enjoying our hobby it is in reality a crime.....

It seems that the UK police and authorities are more interested in arresting or fineing people who have a light out on their car or are getting a few foreign channels through their satellite dishes than the likes of paedophiles or some of the other REAL criminals out there. I had my £1500 motorcycle stolen after I only had it three weeks did I get it back, did I f**k!!

I could also say that the police and authorities are only interested in helping big companies like $ky catch criminals and not protect the general public like they are paid to do.

The man involved also got all his kit taken away (theft if you ask me).

Off the soap box now!!

Sorry if I broke any rules of forum, just thought I had to say something.....

Malling. )(-red

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No secret as to who it was Malling, but to describe Toecutter as someone who is just enjoying our hobby is possibly a slight understatement.

He hosts one of the busiest UK hobbie boards and moderates on several others, some of which give access to files. He has been pulled in before and there is every possibility that it will happen again whilst he maintains such a high profile and they (the powers that be) obviously consider that he is, if not one of the prime movers in the hacking attempts on Seca II, then possibly privy to most available information. Whether of course either of those are actually the case is another matter altogether.

I would seriously doubt whether Sky/NDS had any involvement in this at all, it is more likely to be Canal+ instigated and probably hangs on the coat tails of other arrests in Europe.

All I can say is that I admire his resilience, particularly the way he seems able to shrug off the difficulties and hope that he gets all of his computer gear returned without too much delay.

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Yes Rolf, I thought it was more than I made out but as I do not know him I didn't want to comment too much.

Just trying to say really how bad is it that a Seca2 hack is much more important than the other troubles in this world. As this only effects companies with $$$$, the other troubles that we have effect everybody on this planet in one way or another. Mr $$$$$ gets everything everyone else gets.....

Malling.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes it does sometimes seem a trifle unbalanced, but big business has ways of getting the attention which you and I do not.

I have no problem with the police going after the scum who sell fake cards or pirate cards, as they are the ones who broaden the damage to such a degree that the authorities can no longer ignore it. For the average hobbyist however, they really do not eat into the big boys profits.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The continuing failure to take action against Murdoch's NDS despite the overwhelming evidence they created and deliberately published the Mediaguard hack (indeed, the apparent willingness of Canal+ to quietly drop the lawsuit once merger talks were back on the agenda) has only served to remind us that there is no intrinsic morality or justice in the corperate world.
There is only expedience and commerce.

And we can't blame the police. They're only doing their job. We should blame the lawmakers who acquiesce so readily to the absurd demands of greedy media magnates.

2old