Man puts his life up for sale on eBay

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
ebay-logo-200-200.jpg
When Ian Usher, 44, from Canberra, Australia, split up from his wife, he decided a change was in order. To fund that change he put his life on eBay.

For a sum of money, anybody could have bid for Usher's 'life', which included his A$420,000 (£200,00) three-bedroom house in Perth, Western Australia, a trial for his job at a carpet shop, his car, motorbike, clothes and his mates.

But then things got a bit silly. Well, even sillier than putting your life up for sale: the price to be Ian Usher rose to A$2.2 million (£980,000).

The price of life

A statement on his website back (www.alife4sale.com) back in March confirmed that Usher was not happy that people weren't taking the auction seriously, announcing: "Apologies to all, but I guess there are a lot of bored idiots out there.

"Anyway after a long day on the computer, I have decided to pull all bids back as far as the first registered bidder, and the price is back to A$155,000 (£75,000) as I write this ... we are back in the land of common sense and reality, so it's over to you."

Currently, the bid for his life is up to A£300,100 (£145,000) - which is pretty good, considering his house is worth £200,000.

Bidding ends Saturday 29 June, so if you have the money and fancy a new life, then the life of Usher could be yours.

mf.gif

More...