RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
well we got what we deserved....

City have a new boss, who is passionate and hates losing.... even when he was winning, the pictures showed him throwing a bottle to the floor with missed chances.. i have to admit i admire that.... hes a proper manager.

the writing was on the wall as soon as i saw the midfield line up.
Fletcher and O'shea???

Fletcher is simply crap!! the times have gone when we buy world class players, and we now rely on players dragged from other positions.

o'shea with all respect is a defender, and smith is a forward.... untill Fergie see's what all the united fans see.. that being that we need good natural midfielders, we will not challenge for nothing!!!

Yes i am angry, i live in the Manchester area surrounded by very happy City fans.

Man city on todays performance, deserved to win.. as much as it hurts me to say it.

my point remains... our and every other teams success is down to good midfielders... defence will leak goals if they have no protection from midfield, the strikers will not score as many goals if they constantly have to come deep and do the job of the midfield... leaving them 30+ yards to run when they do get the ball!!!

The answer is simple... get out the cheque book and get Ballock and Graveson.... thats just for starters!!!

rant over :)

red star

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate CM1500+, 80cm dish fixed on hotbird. Art sport card.
My Location
Leeds
Yeh im a red as well, totally p'ssed off after that today.

Thing is we can all see where the problems lie, so can everyone else in the game except for one man..... mr ferguson.

Dont get me wrong the guy is a legend and always will be but even some legends stay on too long. It is plain as day that we need at least 2 new central midfielders yet SAF goes out and buys 2 defenders :confused :confused

He is rapidly becoming the new brian clough :(

Time for a new man at the helm for me.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I have to say, that it's a bit sad to see such a great manager routinely humiliated by the luke-warm performances turned in by the players.

He doesn't deserve that, and for that reason he should go. At least he wouldn't have to endure death by a thousand cuts.

A new guy would have to take heaps of flak, and may be sacked within a couple of years, but at least he could start the two-year long task of putting the team back together. It's just not a team right now.

Maybe the guy who takes over from HIM, would have a fighting chance, and something to work with.

I have to say though, that I don't think the funds are actually available. I'm sure the Glazers have the best interests of the club at heart, but the figures don't lie, and the books don't balance either.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Agree with some points here but would also like to add that Fredinand should be shot on sight. What a bundle of sh!t. They should have got rid of him months ago when he was looking for a better contract. But even with the team playing crap there still the 2nd best in England & always a threat to anyone ahead of them. Confidence is down at the club & its been showing on the field. Ch Lge Exit might have something to do with it. Maybe a draw with Burton had another effect on them. Anyway we will just have to wait & see.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Only two thirds of the squad are good enough to play for Manchester United, and an increasing large percentage of those coming in are not of the very highest quality, because they can't afford the best (like they used to).

They will have to buy young, and buy lots - then weed out the losers and bring on the rest.

Trouble is, both Arsenal and Chelsea are completely driven in this respect too, and that's just in England. None of the other clubs that traditionally have nurtured and developed young talent through their youth systems can afford to hang on to what they produce.

MU might be second, but they're not second best - Liverpool are.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I am not sure it is purely down to SAF. Regarding signing midfielders, he wanted Ronaldinho, Essien and Robben as well as Obi Mikel, and all of these went to Chelski or in the case of Obi are being poached. Some of it has to do with that tit Kenyon defecting. Obviously he knew all potential targets and used that. Moreover, I suspect that he knew he was going there and was already acting in that direction.
Fergie knows what every fan knows, that we need a good midfielder. Even Djemba Djemba was bossing the French league around, I did not hear anybody cry out when he was bought. Only after a few games it became clear he is shite.
The two new signings are ok, even though the new guy Evra was at fault for one of the goals, and Silvestre for the second.
I am not sure a new manager would be able to do that much better. I noticed Fergie is much better with substitutions now, he reacts faster. If it wasnt for gross defensive mistakes we would have won that game yesterday.
And surely MU cannot be compared with Forest, at least we do have the ability still to splash out 12m on two players in the winter, and apparently there is another one coming. Forest never had that money, and when they went down the new manager and the one after and the one after did not manage to come anywhere near the premiership...

I say lets wait until the summer, in the meanwhile United are playing much better football than last year, and I think we are only two players short.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Morning T_G ;)

P.S. You can have Kenyon back - he's an A*** H***! :-rofl2

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
as u know i'm a city fan, and enjoyed being in the pub watching the game as i do every derby, same pub loads of city and utd fans alike, never any trouble just good banter, but i must say it's the first time i can recall that the utd fan's (in the pub) seemed subdued, almost as though they knew the writing was on the wall before the game started, they wern't shouting or getting behind there team half as much as they normally would (in the pub) where as the city fan's (in the pub) win lose or draw have alway's cheered them on during the game, then done the moaning after.

"come on you blues" ( as for pearce, i just hope he can last the season without having a heart attack)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
BGonaSTICK said:
You can have Kenyon back - he's and A*** H***! :-rofl2

Lol no thanks and good riddance. The damage he has done to the club (and one day to your club) cannot be measured.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
im a utd fan and i too wasnt impressed with their play.On the other hand,Fowlers goal was a good one!! city deserved the win. Pearce is a good manager,hope he gets the england job cause hes got the passion.

TWAG

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
i know this is off the subject a bit , but coud nt help watching mr bennet sending off ronaldo which he did desreve i feel . but i complain about inconsistencey of referees yet again , mr bennet was in control of middlesboro vrs newcastle two weeks ago and their were bad tackles all game and he never produced any cards till i in injury time. do these pepople get up in the mornings and think , ar i think i will be kind today or no ive changed me mind i will ref like a right silly. i think so why can they just be consisitant every game and follow the rules, mr bennet does just what he wants like most of them.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
llss said:
... or no ive changed me mind i will ref like a right silly...

ROFLMAO! :-rofl2

Yes, I think that's exactly how it works!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
BGonaSTICK said:
ROFLMAO! :-rofl2

Yes, I think that's exactly how it works!

Same yesterday with sending off Robbin. How many times has players left the field, ie pass the touch line and never get cautioned.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
llss said:
ive changed me mind i will ref like a right silly.

O-Ha
ROTFLMAO!!! Now that was funny.....cheered me up no end :-rofl2

even when i used your quote and read it again i still laughed lol

but oh yea.... its not meant to funny :cool: ... stop it!!!

:D

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
whey man its getting serious now man , e g the robben red card , chnged the game even though sunderland would nt of won with 20 men , i am no man utd fan but if look at the challange on ronaldo before the sending off , which was a certain free kick not given thats what triggered off his bad challange. mr bennet inconsistant as usuall