"man united premiership games"

B

bung103

Can anyone help me, I want to watch saturday afternoon premiership games(man united) at home, in england and want to know how I go about it. There is a local social club that has a scandanavian satellite system of some sort which enables them to access games- how do I do it?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
First of all follow this thread http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID17/54_2.html
Then once you've followed the links to see which satellites you wish to view, you can check out what equipment you need to receive tham.

Rolf

ckrys1

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
There are 3 channels that broadcast free to air English Premiership frequently.

Kral/Teleon 42East(Turkish)
BKTV 36East or 13East(Serbian)
Novy Kanal 5East(Ukraine, had Man U v Blackburn live last Saturday)

These are the regular ones, there are others that broadcast occasionally, plus there are feeds that can be watched if you know where to look (a brilliant Yahoo group on the web -`feedhunters` helps you here)

These channels plus many others also show live games from many other countries in Europe and beyond. I use a 1.2m motorised dish in Scotland (smaller would be OK in the south of England), with a digital receiver(any decent one would do). Cost probably £450-£600 installed. You can, if you`re willing to spend more, subscribe to various channel packages in Europe to get more games, and if you`re willing to break the law, pirate cards seem to be readily available.

Ckrys1

B

bung103

Do you know exactly what equipment I will need and where to get it from at a reasonable price, or a reputable person to supply and fit in the north west of england?

ckrys1

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
Not sure what your level of expertise is, but if, like me a few years ago, are not knowledgable about satellite technology, then look at `What Satellite` magazine where there are many adverts for installers in your area.(or yellow pages). Perhaps there is someone on this site from your area who can advise?
Basically you need a dish, a system to move the dish(either a motor/actuator or an H-H mount), an LNB(the thing that sits in front of the dish and amplifies the signal), cable from the LNB and motor to your receiver, the receiver itself, and then enough time to watch the 500 new channels you can now receive. You also need a site from your house/garden where you have a clear view of the southern sky, and if your dish is greater than 90cm diameter, planning permission from your local council.

Good luck!

Ckrys1

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
http://www.knplogic.co.uk/sport/
is good for channels, encryption and schedules.

Though why you should want to watch 'em, given their past two games, is a puzzle to me.

wolsty