managed to get the t&k brackets up but...

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
its not level on all sides of the pole

each t&k is level as i have checked with spirit level but once attaching the pole it is whiere i'm coming stuck i can get 2 sides of the pole level but not the other two

because looking side on and adjusting the vbolts i can get it spot on but then the other side is out not really out but just not spot on

anyone got any tips to make sure its 100% as this is annoying as i spent over 4 hours on it

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
I'm presuming that by 'level' you mean 'vertical' :)

You only need to measure in two planes at right angles to one another to get it true. If your spirit level is not true it will complicate it somewhat, you would have to check the pole at 180 deg apart and set to the mean in both directions. :confused

If its a fairly short pole and accessable, I usualy drop a plumb line through the middle, making shure it is in the centre of the tube at the top. I make a cardboard top with a small hole in the centre for the line, and tape it to the tube, it is then easy to see which way out it is and ajust to suit. It also means that youv'e got two hands free to hang onto the ladder. ;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds from your description that you need to adjust either the top or bottom bracket across the wall, some light taps with a manchester spanner normally works, then retighten the bolts.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
rolfw that sounds about right as i made sure the k bracket was 100% as i put that up first, then going by eye put the t up but making sure i could adjust it

i'll try adjusting the t bracket

on the spirit level the bubble is in the middle of the two black line but not dead center of it. does it really need to be spot on ?

wouldn't have messed around for 4 hours trying to fit them if the l bracket had not bent

but i do have a bonus once its done is that i can put my sky dish on the pole as 2 inch volt fits the predrilled holes on the bracket perfectly

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The bubble ideally needs to be dead centre.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
thanks the bubble is spot on the two sides but not the other two

i shall recheck tomorrow as thinking about it the t could just be out causing all this fuss

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
the t bracket was over abit to the right so got a hammer and lightly tapped it to the left and it was then level and i then made sure the pole was level at right angles

got the sky dish up too which is annoying as it stops me from putting the dish any higher as the motorised dish will block the sky dish face completely

also i must have been lucky as the minidish bracket was predrilled for a 2 inch vbolt which was nice of raven

just to tidy up the cables

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Just a little side note, I was walking past my favourite skip and noticed a broken T&K set with what was left of an aerial still attatched to the T part... :D

There's loads of bashed & bent aerials in there at the moment, must be the storm damage from the winds a couple of weeks back... :D

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
well i doubt will come down with the fixings i bought 8cm sleeve anchors into the bricks

when i took the L bracket down that i was using i had a look and it had actually bent in the winds