Manchester United

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I can't believe what is happening..for the first time I am loosing hope.
I can't bring it over me, but I sometimes wish they would loose one or two more games so something is gong to happen. All the injuries and excuses are not good enough to explain the utter crap football that is played by the team. O shea and Fletcher can't put one solid pass through, Ronaldo manages to put in 2 crosses in a game if at all.
I am starting to think that it may be time for SAF to move upstairs as a director or something and let Keane be manager. I look at what Stuar Pierce has managed to do at City, and I am sure Keane would produce the same effect. Gutted :-downt

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Looking at Ferdinand going for defensive headers and his feet never even left the ground. They look like they can't be bothered. I think that is what Keane is upset about. SAF doesn't seem to have the energy anymore. I think Ferdinand would put in a bit more effort if he had Keane waiting for him in the dressing room.

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
it's certainly a slippery slope. Mind you, most chavs support Chelsea now, not Man U ;)

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
Ferdinand was , once again, USELESS last nigth. Is there any player on his type of money delivering so little ??? ... a few off games I can forgive ... even an off period, or at a push a complete off season ... THAT IS IF HE MADE AN EFFORT . he is NOT making an effort. Compare him to Heinze, a different player completely, will break his balls for every play. Smith is making no impact at the moment either, he looks like a lost puppy a lot , like Roy pointed out, but at least he is trying. O Shea is trying
but just aint got what it takes, i am sorry to say, i travelled a lot to irelands away games in the last campaoign, and i must say he was generally shocking. With Rooney still refusing to grow up, and Ruud looking
disinterested and shrugging his shoulders, then I must also mounfully agree with the tone of this thread. though my madness really is always aiming back towards Rio, after what the club and supporters have done for him, I think he should have more passion about him, and treat us with a little respect. B@$^@RD

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
For someone who can't p*ss in a bottle he certainly seems to be taking it.

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Couldn't agree more with this thread and as I work near lille I've had to put up with the jibes all day.
I have never known what SAF sees in Fletcher apart from being Scottish. He is lucky to string 2 passes together in a game, we get more passes from the opposition. When we were playing well his mistakes were hidden but now there for all to see.

The sooner neville, keen, heinze return the better.

Looks like another year with no silverware.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
i like your reply jimbo about ferdinand,the $%&*(_+ ^"£%.time to get rid of some of the useless tw'ts.the way utd are playing we'll end up with naff all again.sorry about the language,im not happy with utd at the moment.that game last night was a disgrace to the badge/name of man utd.Best in the condition hes in now could have done better than those arseholes.

TWAG

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
The thing is, I don't mind loosing so much. If there was at least a sign of them playing football...My 12 year old son is in a team, and the basics of ALL footbal teams is passing and playing wide and put crosses in. Simple. I did not see anyone hugging the lines out wide. Surely this can't be too difficult. And the passing was abyssmal. I don't care if they are young or inexperienced, you got to be able to pass a ball or two. And what I am missing most is lung busting activity from ALL players. When you are in a scrap, that's what you do. This is what teams in the lower end of the Premiership do to get results. You haven't got the players? At least show heart. This is what is missing. I would put kick Queeroz out, and make Keane the first team coach. Back to basics. The results will follow.

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
shapeless tosh last night, I agree....

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I think we should keep faith with Fletcher, his not the finished article yet.

As for Smith, I fear he just doesnt fit into the United style of play. Rio is on the brink of losing everything, first n England place, now United first XI - he must improve by Xmas, or serious questions have to be asked whether we need to buy a rival, even replacement, for him.

And Ruud just needs games, although I think both him and Ronaldo have this concept of 'shall I leave now?' in the bakc of their head => they want to win, but aren't putting in the effort to do so.

But I think our two BIG problem are the following:

1) The need to find a new leader following Keane's departure, which will be vvvv soon! I think we'll need to buy real big - Glazer????

2) Fergie's insistence on this 4-5-1, which we simply dont have the players for, and totally negates United's attacking style. We should play 4-4-2, with Rooney dropping back off Ruud, a perhaps pushing Rio in a holding position (3-1-4-2), since he can play further upfield.

salvador

Reaction score
Website
www.studyenglishintheuk.com
My Satellite Setup
Ferguson Digibox & Mini dish - Arion AF-1700EC & 80 cm dish
Computer Setup? a couple of PCs and a few Laptos
My Location
UK
I say, we get a new manager and let him rebuild the team.

SAF has gone all softy and players are getting away with too much now.

I would sell:

Fletcher, Smith, Neville (yes, Neville) O'Shane and bring new players but the new manager might have other ideas.

As for Rio, I had a feeling about this! With all that money he earns who would want to buy him? And he knows that! I could bet money that he is going to save himself for the world cup - no silly risk - no silly inguries either. I bet he will have a wonderfull world cup - that will be a good time to sell him too and let other club deal with him!

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
cheer up lads it could be worse you could have our centre half bommsong lol.

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Interesting point about rio because that's what he did when he wanted to leave leeds - played great for england in the world cup.
I have noticed over the years that ManU always have bad results this time of the season. Check back at the records, when did we loose 5-1 to newcastle and 4 something to southampton. Always in Oct-Nov. I think we also lost to manshity this time of the year one season. Strange

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
it doest help when, you sell...
Butt
Kleberson
Beckham
Djemba Djemba
Phil Neville

all midfielders.... and buy no one!!!!

we wonder why our midfield is weak...
add to that, Keane, Giggs and Scholes are all over 30 now, and as per 30 somethings, are gonna miss more games through tiredness and injury

and..........

personally, i have never seen anything great from Ronaldo, he is so overrated its unbelievable!!

all he does is some fancy step overs, and wiggle his foot in the air, fall over a lot..... and he shares everything else with me...yes me!!

i cant tackle, i cant run up and down for 90 minutes, i cant cross a ball, cant take free kicks... and i wouldnt fit in with the team??

so come on Sir Alex, pick me, were peas from the same pod... only i dont earn 60k a week!!!

as for Ruud, his constant moaning and cheating ie diving ALL the time is really bugging and embarassing!!

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
even though we all know the text of it, its a pity MUTV did not broadcast the Roy interview ... i guess we all heard the "Keano" chants in that game ...

for me roy summed it up ... the question is not so much about players who are not up to the level we expect ... its about some of em arseing around with no passion about them

the lack of passion brings me down :mad:

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
personaly abramovich has got uses snookered now he can buy better bigger , which i feel is wrong for the game , you have got to realize yous are just one of the rest.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
seen the wigan match tonight,now theres a team playing with desire.Man utd should take note.a utd win tomorrow would really make the prem interesting again.

TWAG

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
northumberland
come on be honest , chelsea can only throw it away now their to far ahead already , i would like to see some team put in a challenge but can t see it ,these lot will take out man u with their reserves, in my opion , ps i dont mean this to offend

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
a better performance all round yesterday ... though still not full speed ahead ... win the game in hand and we are 7 points behind ... all not lost maybe ....

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yeah, much better, especially Smith was pretty forceful in the middle. I almost had the feeling that essien was a bit surprised by it all. BUT the problem is still there, even though if they constantly play with such passion it will be much better. One of the things that worries me is that our strikers are not producing it. I think the goal from Fletcher and Silvestre a few games ago are nice, but we need our strikers + Scholes and Ronaldo to get some goals as well. There was a draw or a loss written all over the second half, exactly like it used to be last season. We just don't finish teams off when we should. Ruud blasting it over the goal, and also Scholes missing is pretty much how the last seasons are going. Also, still most of the game was through the middle, and in the second half, especially towards the end they kept shooting the ball forward instead of passing it and letting the clock pass. But, a win is a win, maybe if we can put a good run together like last season after the City game and some of the experienced players come back we can at least have a season that gives hope for the future. Because if we get another sequence of games like blackburn, M''bnoro and Lille I am going to loose all will to live.