Manchester vs Sporting

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Just watched the game, nice win for the red Devils. Few things from the game:
1)The ref was not bad at all, considering all the hype about him beforehand. He did let the game flow as much as possible.
2) He also did stop that typical diving pretty early on with a well given yellow card. Shame about this diving culture, it really spoils it.
3) Sporting fans made a lot of noise all through the game, great atmosphere.
4) I liked the way they applauded Ronaldo when he was substituted, even though he scored the winner. What can I say, Sporting in name and sporting in nature :)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
From this seasons CL, all referees have been told to deal strongly with diving. Players are to be given a warning and if they do it again then a free kick or a penalty will be given.

Also if a player goes down injured the refs are to let play go on and stop the game only if they see fit to do so. If the opposition take it upon themselves to kick the ball out of play, they've been told that the team with the injured player does not have to let the opposition have the ball back. This is obviously to reinforce the fact that the referees should decide when to stop the play.