Manhattan DSR 5500 CI - help needed

saucy77

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Normal Sky Digital TV (Panasonic box), as well as a spare 80cm, and 50cm dish with extra Thomson Box
My Location
E.Anglia
Ok, Topper is gonna love me.. been here 5 mins and causing pandamonium!

Well, hopefully getting rid of the Echostar 707 thing... looking at the above... suggestions please?

Any good? Can I dedent "hobby" cards for it? (It's coming with Gold, Titanium, and Fun4)

My brain aches from researching, but again I'm hitting brick walls when it comes to looking at all the techie stuff for the sat's.

All I know is it has a Seca embedded cam, and getting with it a Magic cam... my question really is this... will this get me tons and tons of channels? (Sport, Kids, Movies, and the obvious... 3x)

That is my only compromise, I get to channel hop whilst he gets he's 3x.

I'm hoping i'm gonna get this at a steal if all ok.

If anyone has a cheap motor aswell, let me know as I still gotta get one).

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
No I'm not going to get pissed I don't need to I am already....
Come on give us a break it is Friday night well was.....
Well Manhatten with CI is what you need but unfortunately or even regretably you also need a cam to go in the CI slot....... hence more money
But you if you bought a T/rex or Dragon you could then use the same stb to watch sky, well for the moment anyhow, but as you know in this hobby what is here today can be gone in five minutes, indeed there have been posts tonight about NDS 3 and all its implications

saucy77

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Normal Sky Digital TV (Panasonic box), as well as a spare 80cm, and 50cm dish with extra Thomson Box
My Location
E.Anglia
Sooooooooo....

What your saying is... This box is great for the purpose, and just needs a t-Rex or Dragon cam to go with it (watch wacthing sky with the normal card you mean? i got confused at this point).
I ain't complaining really cos I think I got it at a good price including all the extra bits, it will be a bonus if they work. (the cards i mean at this point).

Sorry but never seen the term NDS3... what exactly is it? I think I'll hav a wander round the forum and see what I can find for now.

Cheers Topper