Manhattan DSR 5500C1_M problem

yedmans

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan DSR 5500
My Location
Wales
I bought a Manhattan DSR 5500 box that had no remote control. However I was able to tune into the FTA channels on Hotbird (13.0E) using the buttons on the front. All was working well when I decided to try and tune into the Eurotel satellite (10.0E). Unsurprisingly the search turned up no channels.The problem is the box is now stuck in Channel Search mode within the Set-Up menu. Whichever button I press (set-up/menu etc) it stays within channel search mode and won't let me do anything. I have turned it off, unplugged it several times but on restart it always returns to the Channel Search screen. As I have no remote control I am totally flummoxed as to what to do next? Any suggestions most welcome.

yedmans

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan DSR 5500
My Location
Wales
In case anybody is interested I invested £14.99 for a "ONE FOR ALL" remote from Maplins and the problem is now solved !

yedmans said:
I bought a Manhattan DSR 5500 box that had no remote control. Howeveser I was able to tune into the FTA channels on Hotbird (13.0E) using the buttons on the front. All was working well when I decided to try and tune into the Eurotel satellite (10.0E). Unsurprisingly the search turned up no channels.The problem is the box is now stuck in Channel Search mode within the Set-Up menu. Whichever button I press (set-up/menu etc) it stays within channel search mode and won't let me do anything. I have turned it off, unplugged it several times but on restart it always returns to the Channel Search screen. As I have no remote control I am totally flummoxed as to what to do next? Any suggestions most welcome.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
yedmans said:
In case anybody is interested I invested £14.99 for a "ONE FOR ALL" remote from Maplins and the problem is now solved !

Always interested in "good news" stories :)

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
I'm also without a remote and a manual for a Manhattan DSR 5500 appreciate any help available.

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
Thanks for your reply, post 2 does not mention the most important bit I need, the book of words and diagrams! any thoughts on a possible source for a manual?

yedmans

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan DSR 5500
My Location
Wales
I was the originator of this thread and I have been unable to find any manuals for the box, I even phoned Manhattan in London and they just told me it was an obsolete model and they couldn't help. With regard to the remote from Maplins, it does work, but not with the codes quoted for Manhattan boxes. One of their 'last ditch' codes(91 ?) finally made several of the buttons (except menu) work so it's worth investing in one.

iambruce said:
Thanks for your reply, post 2 does not mention the most important bit I need, the book of words and diagrams! any thoughts on a possible source for a manual?

iambruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gregorian
My Location
yorkshire
Many thanks Derek, I'll get a remote from Maplins and I'll keep searching for a manual if I find one I will run you a copy, if I need any help I hope I can ask you for advice?