Manhattan DSR5500CI.IR

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
After receiving help from members of the Forum, who informed me that a Humax 4400z could be patched, I decided to buy a one. Unfortunately, the dealers I contacted couldn't help because:

a. They had no Humax 4400z in stock;
b. They were unaware of the availability of a patch;
c. Their price was unreasonably inflated,

or

d. They wanted to sell me something else (see a. above).

So my intention has not, so far, been carried out.

However, I now see advertised in the November WotSat, a Manhattan 5500CI.IR, which the dealer claims to have an Allcam patch for SECA, IRDETO and VIACCESS. I've searched the site, but can find no mention of such a beast. Is the claim accurate? If so, how does the Manahattan compare with the Humax?

Yours in confusion,

Wolsty

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I think you mean the 5400Z ?

Yes it can be patched

Humax have simply taken the rear panel RS 232 port and left the conections on the main board

A good dealer will have the correct upgrade lead and may charge you for the purpose however its will still be better than the 5500 CI for the whole family to use

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Thanks, Channel Hopper.

Yes, I do mean the 5400Z, it's just that my fingers work slower than my brain. Or is it the other way round?

I'm intrigued by your comment about the 5400z's being easier to use than the 5500. Could you expand on this, please?

wolsty

D

DCFC

I'll be interested to know if there is such a patch for the Irdeto version of the Manhattan, as I've just bought the SECA version (embedded cam). I've only had it a couple of days so still learning my way around it to tell you the truth.

I'll try & check the magazine & see for myself, but if you find out anything before I do...then feel free.. :)

Regards,

DCFC